Options

Passed C|HFI!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I only studied for 1 month and I passed C|HFI. Took the exam through ProctorU and overall it was a good experience. I got 1% better then my CEH but I got an 81% on C|HFI so I will take it a pass is a pass! :) Here is what I used to study:

C|HFI AIO guide + practice tests (the practice tests were ok to drill in the concepts but nothing like the real exam)
Official C|HFIv8 courseware
iLabs for C|HFI found them useful to know the utilities and their purposes

The exam:

Similar to C|EH format where you have to know your utilities
Know your different laws for forensic investigations and subsections
Know your types of event logs attacks (new line injection etc.)
Know different types of attacks (replay, CSRF etc.)
Know the steps of a forensic investigation similar to the CEH methodology steps
And know your file systems (ext2,HFS+,NTFS etc.)

Other then that, know the concepts in the official manuals and you should be good to go.

Now I will probably apply to WGU and gets those 2 courses waived so I only have 8 classes to get the degree instead of 10 :)

but before I apply, I will be working on my Linux+ to gain some more linux knowledge as I work on Linux servers daily and should have a better understanding then what I have currently. After Linux+ I am done for the year and will chill out.

Then next year is CCNA Security and CISSP so that will keep me busy no doubt about it.

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats way to go!! icon_thumright.gif

Look forward to hearing about your WGU journey
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats.

Did you find it more difficult or easier then CEH?
    You said you "ONLY" studied for a month so i'm taking it as your found it easier than CEH.