Signing up for OSCP tomorrow!

towentumtowentum Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
This is a happy day for me. I've been talking about doing the OSCP at work for a few weeks now, problem is personal budget so I had to push it off until October. I then found out I have a family event out of state in October that will eat up that budget so it got pushed off until next year.

My boss came to me today and said that the company will pay for the course and certification and we'll sign up tomorrow! This is exciting, I can't wait to get my hands on those labs and see with the good folks over at Offensive Security can teach me.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! Nothing beats free, top notch training and certs. Buy the boss a beer/coffee or something icon_smile.gif
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ah next month I start mine! Congrats on your new journey! I have a feeling we have no idea the hellish nights that await us! lol!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • towentumtowentum Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh, I'm certain I'll have many a late nights in the months to come. I'm excited and nervous all the same. I have no official certs because I'm always put off by Simple rote memory tests. That's what I'm excited about this one for, an actuall test of skill.
  • towentumtowentum Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's official, my registration is complete and I begin on May 14th. As I enjoyed the timeline posts of peoples experiences, I'll open one up as well and provide some weekly updates as I can.
  • diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I start mine 5/7/2016 @ 8pm EST. icon_cheers.gif
    c colon i net pub dubdubdub root