Question about "Certified Information Systems Auditor Study Guide 4th Edition"

john.m.jones123john.m.jones123 Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm have Sybex's "Certified Information Systems Auditor Study Guide 4th Edition" in my cart and about to hit the "1-Click"... has anyone had a chance to read this that is studying for the new 2016 version of CISA and does it match up with the new task and knowledge statements? Any insight would be appreciated... otherwise, I'm sticking with my ISACA material (way, way dry though...)

Thanks in advance...
MSIT | PMP | CISSP | CISM | CISA | CDPSE | CAPM | ITIL | CEH | CCNA CyberOps | Sec+ | Net+ | A+ | MCTS | MCP | MS 365 Desktop
2020 Goals: CRISC

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Most people when they take ISACA exams, they go with the ISACA review manuals.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    stick with isaca material.
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Get the official book and Q&A supplement. They're the only way to fly with ISACA exams. Q&A supplement/database is key so if you only buy one thing buy that. But beware - the official study book has a lot of real-world usefulness if you actually want to practice the skills and not just have some alphabet soup after your name
  • john.m.jones123john.m.jones123 Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Okay... so I should now be good... got the Official CISA book and download/questions plus the sybex book... now I just have to absorb it all in just over a month...
    MSIT | PMP | CISSP | CISM | CISA | CDPSE | CAPM | ITIL | CEH | CCNA CyberOps | Sec+ | Net+ | A+ | MCTS | MCP | MS 365 Desktop
    2020 Goals: CRISC
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The QAE (Questions, Answers, Explanation) is key. The review manual provides guidelines on general areas that will be covered. For example, there was a section on 7 network layers with a note that states that candidates will not be tested on them. icon_rolleyes.gif
    After passing, keep review manual for future reference.