Options

Looking for recommendations

cfloenercfloener Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed my A+ and moving on to Net+ and looking for recommendations on what to use for Net+ Study. My best way of study is hands on and using text books for reference as needed. I have been working with networks for some time now so its not a new thing for me. I currently use PFSense for firewall, Managed switches with PoE, VLans and so on in my home.

My job is paying for all my certs (A+, Net+, Sec+, SQL Fund, C#) and only writes one check for training materials (can come from multi sources) and one check for exams.

My questions are as followed,

What source would you use for SIM's? (Don't care to use home network if possible)

What source would you use for practice exams?

What book would you use?

What source for online videos?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Options
    cfloenercfloener Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The study I used for my Net+:

- Professor Messer's CompTIA N10-006 Network+ Training Course | Professor Messer IT Certification Training Courses
    - Make notes on each section and revise those notes.
    - Use a VM if you want to practice certain techniques or go more in depth on something.
    - IT Certification Practice Tests and Exams | Online Courses | MeasureUp - Practice tests before the exam to prepare myself

I'm a hands on person too, and luckily I worked as a Sysadmin when I did my exam so had a lot of involvement with networking hardware and configuration. I would definitely recommend PMs videos as they are all explained clearly with demonstrations.

Passed my Network+ within a month and now working towards my Security+.

Thanks for the info, I already started watching PM's videos.

Being a sysadmin what were some of the hardest parts of the test for you?

Is Windows used when needing to display knowledge of how to setup and DHCP server or DNS?

I think the big things for me are going to be VPN's (Don't use them right now but have the means to setup one), Subnetting (That's a lot of binary), and the OSI model (who talks about anything besides layers 1-3 in an everyday conversation).