Options

Passed 410 questions regarding it and the next step

Robbo777Robbo777 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi, i took the 410 yesterday and passed it. I scored 810 on it and was very relieved even though i was quite confident with a few of my answers you just never know and there where a few that where tricky.

I have a couple of questions regarding it now. I'm looking to start the 411 now and have the material setup and ready to go, how long does the 410 "cert" last for? My intention is to go for the MCSA but if the 411 takes a bit longer than anticipated then i don't want to have to do the 410 again because its expired.

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Options
    PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I'm pretty sure MS certs don't expire, and certainly not in the time frame that it'll take to get your 411. So I'm almost certain there's nothing to worry about.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • Options
    MariusRZRMariusRZR Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, Dude! The MCP Certification does not expire. Once you get the MCSA you will have to recertify every 3 years.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your Pass.!
    MCSA certification does not expire. But technically its only valid for the lifetime of the technology the certification is for. MCSA exams will get retire but the certification you achieve will last lifetime. Only MCSE expires after 3 years and needs to be re-certified.
  • Options
    joeswfcjoeswfc Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MariusRZR wrote: »
    Congrats, Dude! The MCP Certification does not expire. Once you get the MCSA you will have to recertify every 3 years.

Correct it does not expire, and neither does the MCSA... You only have to recertify the MCSE every 3 years, MCSA is for life once you have it.