Test trickery

nygs82nygs82 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
Do you guys now if the 802 is straight forward or they try to trick you with how they word the question

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I've never seen an IT cert that tries to trick you.
  • nygs82nygs82 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ok thanks man I take my exam Friday I don't have hands on experience but I watch professor messer video and study guide along with multiple practice exams
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    If the content is appears on the objectives, you can expect to see it on your exam. That said, you won't see 'everything' on the objectives, but you should have familiarity of everything that appears in some form.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why is 802 considered harder then 801 ?
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    @tmtex,

one exam is not more difficult than the other. A candidate may prefer the content of one exam over the other and therefore be better prepared, but the difficultly is the same.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    I took this exam for WGU a few months ago. It was very straight forward, no word games. Just know the material and you will pass.
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The COMPTIA exams really don't try to trick you. Honestly, no IT exam I've ever taken has ever tried to trick me in itself; usually when people say the exam writers tried to trick them it was because they failed to study enough to pass the exam. I've seen posts where people have said they took an exam where there was only 1 letter difference in a command or something and it was too tricky but I've never come across an exam like that. Just study as much as you can and take your time and you'll do just fine! Best of luck!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
    Hey guys I took my a+ 802 today and I passed my exam was a little rocky in the beginning but i finished strong now on to network+ to establish a career in networking engineer
  • hisesahisesa Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • infield13infield13 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. For Network+ focus on protocol numbers and wiring standards. When I say focus I mean everything else you can learn but wiring standards and protocols numbers you just have to memorize.
  • huschusc Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations, I will take mine tomorrow.
    @NYG can you define Rocky ?
    Like The FIRST two sims were difficult and like the first 20 questions I didn't understand but u to have tell ur self wen u think ur failing to just finish strong and do ur best
  • huschusc Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    same feeling here.
    interesting. I did a A + class in April. I took the 801 and passed, no problem however I felt the questions were NOTHING about what the class taught. (I have 20 yrs in IT). Several others took the 801 and yes some where experienced and failed. One guy said he knew nothing and was not sure where the Q's came from.
    Soo I take 802 this Tuesday and scared poopless but still think I will blow right threw it. IDK
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great! Congrats!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"