Failed 410 - back to the books.

JerryLJerryL Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
Wrote and failed 70-410 today with a score of 583. Significantly lower than I thought I'd get. I realize that a lot of people fail the test on the first time around and a lot still on the second time around also. I used the Boson questions to study with along with reading the books, watching the vids and doing practice labs.

Although the Boson questions were good and taught me a lot, I found that they weren't really indicative of the questions that I got on the test. The other two main question banks are Transcenders and MeasureUp. Any comments on which is better or are they about the same?

If you're going to write your 410 test, make sure that you know your powershell commands. Very heavy on that and DNS

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Sorry about the test. I have failed 70-461 twice. I was using measureup labs/tests and skillport. I am now using transcender and it seems like it follows what the test asks. It is TOUGHER.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • JerryLJerryL Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ouch. Even saying SQL makes my head hurt. Good luck on the third shot.
  • MHTECHMHTECH Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sorry to hear you failed. You will nail it next time.

I have only ever used transender and found them to be really good, not a million miles away from the actual exams.
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have failed 70-417 twice and will not give up till I pass! ...Just keep going and don't give up
  • JohnnyUtah41JohnnyUtah41 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    just wondering..but i thought you only get 3 exams to pass per test..and then you are locked out for a year. Is that still true?
    Did a search: However if you do not pass, there is no limit to the number of times you can try without passing. icon_cheers.gif..Hey wait a minute...icon_silent.gif
    Hmmm. Let's see if I have this right. I fail an exam and I can take it again and again and again (hopefully I won't have to). Does this mean that MS wants to make money off of me? MS wouldn't do that, would they? LOL

BTW, went with Transcenders. Found some questions on the flashcards and the test that are along the same lines as the actual exam. Got it through getcertified4less.com. $10 cheaper which means that I can donate it to MS next month. Tentative date of June 15th to rewrite.
    JerryL wrote: »
    Hmmm. Let's see if I have this right. I fail an exam and I can take it again and again and again (hopefully I won't have to). Does this mean that MS wants to make money off of me? MS wouldn't do that, would they? LOL

BTW, went with Transcenders. Found some questions on the flashcards and the test that are along the same lines as the actual exam. Got it through getcertified4less.com. $10 cheaper which means that I can donate it to MS next month. Tentative date of June 15th to rewrite.

Yes, that is what it means. Can't wait. LOL
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For the MCSA exams you can take a test up to 5 times in a calendar year and if you fail the 5th time you have to wait another 12 months before you can attempt that exam again. I know this is true for the MCSA exams but it may be for all MS exams as well.
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
    Here's the official policy right from MS for MCP exams. I didn't see anything that differentiated between MCP, MCSA and MCSE so I'm taking it that each exam is considered as a single MCP exam.

General Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) exam retake policy
    1. If a candidate does not achieve a passing score on an exam the first time, the candidate must wait at least 24 hours before retaking the exam.
    2. If a candidate does not achieve a passing score the second time, the candidate must wait at least 14 days before retaking the exam a third time.
    3. A 14-day waiting period is also imposed for the fourth and fifth subsequent exam retakes. A candidate may not take a given exam any more than five times per year (12 months). This 12-month period starts the day of the fifth unsuccessful exam retake. The candidate is then eligible to retake the exam 12 months from that date. To take a given exam more than five times per year, a candidate must submit a request and obtain prior permission from Microsoft.
    4. If a candidate achieves a passing score on an exam, the candidate cannot take the exam again.
  • heiz03heiz03 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Came across with this site certkit.net. They also offer 24/7 online mentor help and virtual labs. Try to take a look.
    $646! wow.