Options

MTA Security

ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
I am thinking of taking this later.... for those that took it what did you think of the material?
In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
“The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    What is your goal by taking this cert? Having Sec+ I would expect you to be looking at something a little bit more specialized that can bring some value/ROI.
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well the reason I want to look into this cert is in not ready for MCSA security or MCSA... so to get my feet wet in Security as far as Microsoft this is the way to go to my understanding.....
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    This is the only security-specific Microsoft cert. It is like a little baby Security+ test. It's definitely entry level and your Sec+ is far more valuable.
  • Options
    revboxrevbox Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you have your Security+ , you could probably pass this test blindfolded. The MTA Security is that basic. It is not at all like the MTA Networking Fundamentals or MTAs for Software Testing/Development.

People poke fun at the MTAs, but it is one of those things that an experienced professional could fail if they get bad luck and get a lot of questions about a domain they are unfamiliar with or they just aren't used to giving the official Microsoft answer/dealing with Microsoft products. The MTAs for software testing/development are almost promotional material for the Microsoft way of thought and their development software packages.

If you want to watch a bunch of Microsoft Virtual Academy videos and memorize some crap in a 200 page Microsoft press book for a few days, then pay about $115 to get a MTA piece of paper, then go for it. My company pays for mine so I've taken these just to get my feet wet and prepare myself for other things. It is a good confidence builder for me as I go forward.
  • Options
    MCP2000MCP2000 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you have Sec+, It is a walk in the park. I would put my money else where though if you are coming out of pocket.