Options

CEH Courseware

wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
Can anyone provide a review is it worth purchasing and is it death by powerpoint slides

Comments

• Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    I'd say the main reason you'd purchase is to be able to sit the exam.
    Can I pursue self-study and attempt the exam instead of attending formal training?

The answer is yes. You must show 2 years of work experience in security related field. You must also submit CEH exam eligibility application and obtain authorization from EC-Council before you can attempt the exam. For more details, please click HERE.

Otherwise get an old copy of the CEH all in one guide and start reading. The new guides are due 'soon' and will fill in the blanks to make you test ready. I had access to the v8 courseware, but didn't do much more than skim them. The book was more useful.

Playing with nmap, ping, etc etc in the meantime is also worthwhile.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    emilyanncremilyanncr Banned Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Version 9 is a whole lot different than version 8. Check the forums out there. Those who've taken the exam have said only about 50% of the info provided in version 8 courseware is on v9 test. There are some who swear up and down that the questions are still the same and the only thing that's changed is the version # but that is bullcrap. Rather than buying the courseware, just download it for free from a torrent site. That's what I did.
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    emilyanncr wrote: »
    Version 9 is a whole lot different than version 8. Check the forums out there. Those who've taken the exam have said only about 50% of the info provided in version 8 courseware is on v9 test. There are some who swear up and down that the questions are still the same and the only thing that's changed is the version # but that is bullcrap. Rather than buying the courseware, just download it for free from a torrent site. That's what I did.

Are they worth it did they help
  • Options
    clementandreclementandre Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    can pls soembody point me to the files/videos for ceh9?
  • Options
    Ganesh KrishnanGanesh Krishnan Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got the authentic CEH V9 material icon_smile.gif. Got it from Ecouncil. Its totally 3 books which includes one Lab manual.

icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    PenguPengu Member Posts: 46 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OctalDump wrote: »
    I'd say the main reason you'd purchase is to be able to sit the exam.

Otherwise get an old copy of the CEH all in one guide and start reading. The new guides are due 'soon' and will fill in the blanks to make you test ready. I had access to the v8 courseware, but didn't do much more than skim them. The book was more useful.

Playing with nmap, ping, etc etc in the meantime is also worthwhile.

I just read on the EC-Council site that you can only take the exam if you buy the courseware as you state.

How is everyone else taking the exam if they don't buy the courseware?
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Two ways: either do it through a college like WGU or pay $100 if you have 2 years Infosec experience:

"In order to be considered for the EC-Council CEH exam without attending official training, candidate must have at least two years of information security related experience and remit a non-refundable eligibility application fee of USD 100.00 along with their application form. "
  • Options
    binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    If you want to get certified by EC, better to get their official courseware. Yes, other sources are good too, but going through official course material is faster, and has credibility. The courseware isn't perfect, but it's pretty good.
  • Options
    dochooddochood Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took and passed the test today. If you do use the official CE materials, please be aware that there is a LOT of material on the test that is not covered by the materials! See my thread about passing for the details, or Google "CEHv9 Blueprint".