On Course?

jacksonrjacksonr Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Just a little advice really.

I have the Network+ in about 4 weeks. I am hitting about 60 / 64% on the Transcender and the CBT Nuggets Selftest practice tests.

I am just finishing off the CBT Nuggets videos (11 Hours over 3 days should be fine), then I am going to read up on areas I think I am weak in (Cable types, Port Numbers etc). I am writing out Flash cards and will also go through my Meyers notes, Messer Notes and try and fit in the whole Meyers course again.

Week before the exam will be Practice, Practice, Practice (In Study Mode), and then on the Sunday (Exam on the Thursday) will be Simulation Exams.

Is 64% an OK average leading up to the Exam in 4 weeks??

Thanks,
Ron

Comments

• ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Watch some professor messer.... if you can. That helps a lot.
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • jacksonrjacksonr Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Pal, will give Messer a blast as well :)
  • Benj94Benj94 Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jacksonr wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just a little advice really.

I have the Network+ in about 4 weeks. I am hitting about 60 / 64% on the Transcender and the CBT Nuggets Selftest practice tests.

I am just finishing off the CBT Nuggets videos (11 Hours over 3 days should be fine), then I am going to read up on areas I think I am weak in (Cable types, Port Numbers etc). I am writing out Flash cards and will also go through my Meyers notes, Messer Notes and try and fit in the whole Meyers course again.

Week before the exam will be Practice, Practice, Practice (In Study Mode), and then on the Sunday (Exam on the Thursday) will be Simulation Exams.

Is 64% an OK average leading up to the Exam in 4 weeks??

Thanks,
    Ron

I haven't started my Net+ just yet, but I have heard of people passing this certification within a month. I myself will be aiming to finish it within two months.

With four weeks to go though, I'd say you've got plenty of time to read a whole book and watch a bunch of videos / do a bunch of practice tests.

Good luck!

Server and Storage Analyst
    CompTIA A+
    MSCA: Server 2016 - 70-710 70-711 70-712
    Thanks Ben. Its interesting, there is just so much to take in. Sick of Cables types though :)
  • Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds like a solid study plan, utilize as many practice exams as possible and be sure to check out Quizlet it's an app for Android and IOS, plenty of flash cards and practice exams!
    Thanks InfoSec.
    I have CBT Nuggets until the 5th June so I will spend a whole day on those practice tests.
    I have bought the Transcender ones separately so will go through those once the CBT nuggets expires.

If I am hitting over 85% by the Tuesday, I will go for it on the 9th. If not, I will look at rebooking a month later just to make sure it is all kicking in. Not prepared to fail and lose out on over £200!!
    All the best Skyliinez, let us know how it goes.
  • Ris3Ris3 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i plan to take mines on Wednesday and the only area i feel that i may need more time on is the hands on simulations, which I'm using testout for now but all in all study hard and i wish you the best
  • infield13infield13 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Professor Messer videos are by far the best for Comptia exams. Also like you said ports and wiring standards you just have to memorize. If you can't remember which layer a protocol operates at choose application layer because most protocols operate at this layer.