Options

Subnetting

ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
I cant understand the concept and need help getting it down pack.... At work im learning about subnetting and im terrible at math, so if anyone can point me toward a video, lecture, book, etc that will help I would appreciate it.
In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
“The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios

Comments

• Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks. I know about that one though. I tried watching it and I still couldnt get the hang of it...
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    cfloenercfloener Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Look on Youtube for a video called " Subnetting for dummies 101 made easy" I think he did a good job.
  • Options
    NVLadyNVLady Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have the same trouble. The "Magic Box" really helped me. That and lots of memorization. :)

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/13061-102-1-49358/CCNA-IP-Subnetting-from-Networkers.pdf

The above is the PDF to it. I think there is a video out there somewhere that covers it too.

Good luck.
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I learned subnetting when I took the Cisco Networking Academy years ago and was fortunate enough to have a great instructor who made it easy for me. If it wasn't for him I don't think I would have been able to pick it up on my own as easily. I've never come across a book or any other materials that I feel would've made it easy for me to learn if I hadn't learned it from him first. Honestly though, the course lasted a year and I practiced it all the time so just keep practicing and don't give up!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Find a subnetting calculator online or on your phone. Take the ip address it gives you along with the subnet mask and find the subnet id, first usable ip address, last usable ip address, and broadcast address for the subnet that ip address resides in. It's one of those things you have to practice doing until it "clicks".
  • Options
    Mike RMike R Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I found Todd Lammle really good at making subnetting easy. I would check out his book and see what you think.