Options

CCNP RS (ROUTE exam) or CCNA SP, Which one should I go before?

GNKx2210GNKx2210 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

This is my first topic and I'm sorry for my poor english too.

Now I worked for telecom vendor company and I planned to transfer my job role from FTTx Engineer to Network Engineer that focused on telecom service provider network such as MPLS, GPON, BRAS, IPRAN or some mobile backhaul/mobile core network (because I graduated in telecom engineering not computer or IT).

Now I passed CCENT and CCNA and then?

Which one should I pass it before transfer my job role?
CCNP RS (ROUTE exam) or CCNA SP? (Someday, I planned I will get both CCNP tracks.)

My opinions:

- CCNP RS is for enterprise network. (Does SWITCH exam part is not important for my job role?)
- CCNP SP is for service provider network. Focused on MPLS, strong IP routing knowledge and less switching.
- But CCNP RS is so easy to get more than CCNP SP. (Easy to find materials to learn, many people can suggest me, shorter exam) and in my country, CCNP RS and CCNP SP are equal to plus extra salary. (I care about it too, HAHAHA)

Comments

• Options
    FadakartelFadakartel Member Posts: 144
    GNKx2210 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

This is my first topic and I'm sorry for my poor english too.

Now I worked for telecom vendor company and I planned to transfer my job role from FTTx Engineer to Network Engineer that focused on telecom service provider network such as MPLS, GPON, BRAS, IPRAN or some mobile backhaul/mobile core network (because I graduated in telecom engineering not computer or IT).

Now I passed CCENT and CCNA and then?

Which one should I pass it before transfer my job role?
    CCNP RS (ROUTE exam) or CCNA SP? (Someday, I planned I will get both CCNP tracks.)

My opinions:

- CCNP RS is for enterprise network. (Does SWITCH exam part is not important for my job role?)
    - CCNP SP is for service provider network. Focused on MPLS, strong IP routing knowledge and less switching.
    - But CCNP RS is so easy to get more than CCNP SP. (Easy to find materials to learn, many people can suggest me, shorter exam) and in my country, CCNP RS and CCNP SP are equal to plus extra salary. (I care about it too, HAHAHA)

Do your ccnp routing and switching and move on to the CCIE service provider, unless your company is willing to pay for you to do ccnp sp its better to go straight for the CCIE in SP
  • Options
    GNKx2210GNKx2210 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Fadakartel wrote: »
    Do your ccnp routing and switching and move on to the CCIE service provider, unless your company is willing to pay for you to do ccnp sp its better to go straight for the CCIE in SP

You means I should go to CCNP RS and next CCIE SP, by skip CCNP SP right?

Okay, thanks for your suggestion.