Options

How do I check my score after passing?

mkohimkohi Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
I got a pass, where do I see what my score was for the exam?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You don't...

The only way you get a score is if you fail.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    From the horse's mouth:

"Q: Can I find out how many questions I answered correctly?

A: (ISC)² does not report to candidates the number of questions they answered correctly or the overall percentage of questions they answered correctly; however; failing candidates are provided with the rank ordering of domains based on their percentage of questions answered correctly in each domain of the examination. This information is provided to assist failing candidates who would know the domains that they need to focus in their further study "
  • Options
    mkohimkohi Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What do you guys think the reason is? I'd like to know what I got in my exam..
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So that those who passed cannot compare scores?
    "I have a perfect 1,000 score for my CISSP! Beat that!" :D
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sometimes i wonder, all these people that go and take exam, do they even read the exam guidelines and how the exam is scored? Myself that is the first thing i do when i'm preparing for an exam. Congrats by the way.
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ISACA tells you if you do a good job (top 5%, top 1%, highest score in the world). Never heard of ISC2 doing that. I think it'd be nice to know your percentage if nothing else.
  • Options
    Hopsdaballa04Hopsdaballa04 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What's a doctor who was last I his class? Quick answer a doctor.. Congrats on the pass, I just passed the exam this Friday!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    "It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning."

- Dominic Toretto
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    "A CISSP is a CISSP." That's the way the (ISC)2 wants it. I've looked at a lot of resumes and very rarely have I ever seen somebody list the certification exams they've passed with their scores. The hiring managers aren't demanding to see grades and scores on a resume, so no reason for the (ISC)2 to change their score-disclosure policy.
  • Options
    CyberSecurityCyberSecurity Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mkohi wrote: »
    What do you guys think the reason is? I'd like to know what I got in my exam..

My assumption is that it's to prevent cheating and also brain dumping companies from sending in people to memorize questions and selling those correct answers. It's hard to sell answers if you don't know what exactly you got correct or not. Not to say they still don't send people in to memorize questions and then figure it out afterward, but I guess you couldn't sell the sheet with it showing you got a 100% and that these answers are all accurate and will help you pass.
    Ph.D. IT [UC] - 50% complete
    M.S.C.I.A. [WGU] - Completed 6/2018
    B.S.I.T.M. [WGU] - Completed 4/2017
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Only thing that counts is the going to the bar and having the highest CISSP number by the first round working your way down to the lowest number. I only go in groups of 5 or more now. icon_thumright.gif

- b/eads