Am i ready to take the Network+ Exam?

faintingheartfaintingheart Member Posts: 256
Hi I been studying on and off for the last 13 months now.

I've had taken the exam back in July 2015 and received a 700 failing score. Passing score was 720.

I was discourage and took a 4 to 5 months break.

Now I'm back with more knowledge than last time.

I just don't know if I'm ready to take the exam yet. What do you guys and gal think?

I score 87% on the Mike Meyers practice exam.

and score a 83.33 percent on the Pearson It test certification software.

Am I ready to take the test? I have not book the test yet, but planning to.

Let me know you think, thanks. icon_study.gif

Comments

• byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You scored 700 the first time. You should've did a retake a lot sooner. You are ready, so go kill that test. I'm studying for it right now and will be taking it in 4 weeks.
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+
  • faintingheartfaintingheart Member Posts: 256
    Thank you for more practice questions. Thank you Skyliinez92 and byron66 for the advice. I book the test for next week, I hope i can come back with good news. Thankyou!so much :)
    Bad news guys/gals, I failed the Network+ exam a couple of days ago. I received a score of 657. The exam was pretty hard. It was tougher than last time. I had a tough time not knowing a lot of what this exam was asking for. Do you guys have any advice what I should do now?
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Go over what you feel weak on and take the test again. Also look over the professor messer videos on youtube...
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Phillies8607Phillies8607 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Print out the list of objectives form the exam topics and go through every single one. Make sure you can explain all of them. That's how I passed. I printed out the objectives and whatever I couldn't explain I wrote it down and committed it to memory. I kept going over the material until I knew all of the objectives. And make sure you know subnetting.
  • MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Bad news guys/gals, I failed the Network+ exam a couple of days ago. I received a score of 657. The exam was pretty hard. It was tougher than last time. I had a tough time not knowing a lot of what this exam was asking for. Do you guys have any advice what I should do now?
    Did you get a breakdown of what topics you struggled with? Go back and practice them till they become second-nature. If you haven't done so already; watch videos from Professormesser.com and Cybrary.it .

And as frustrating as it is to fail; don't be deterred. Remain focused on the goal and go at it again.
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
    Yeah I did received a print out of my weak points. I was bit discourage the last few days, but thanks for advice. I will continue to study. I'll let you guys/gals know what happens my next round. :)
  • Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If funds are permitting I would invest in Measureup for Network+ go study mode read the explanations then hit exam mode until you achieve a steady high score.

If you continually make a high score and understand the concepts you will pass. Measureup is more difficult than the actual exam but for Comptia exams I can't fault it.
    Thank you i will purchase measure up asap. I will print out the objective and study as well. Thanks you!