Resume checkup

ParDigitalParDigital Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I just want to say that this forum is a great resource, and it helped greatly through my CCNA run.

Currently, I work at a NOC. I have been there for nearly 3 years, and I have lost most of my fire and urge to go to work. Suffice to say, much work, too few workers. Pay isnt all that either.

I have been putting out feelers for new jobs, but to my surprise (and dismay), I barely get any calls back.
I was of the opinion that my resume was decent, but something has to be wrong with it.
I'm looking for Network Engineer jobs specificaly, but I wouldnt mind being a sort of jack of all trades at a smaller company.

If you dont mind, please take a look at my resume and let me know what I might be missing.
Paul Reed - Network Engineer - Houston, TX | Indeed

Comments

• tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What does CCNA 2018, ITIL 2017 mean ? Expires or when you plan on getting it
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Is this an exact copy of the resume you send out when applying for jobs?
  • tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I doubt it, seems fake
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    "[h=2]IT Infrastructure Wizard[/h]I stopped reading after that... Nobody puts that on a resume icon_lol.gif
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Seems legit. Info on the resume and his forum nick match his Linkedin profile.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    ParDigital wrote: »
    Currently, I work at a NOC. I have been there for nearly 3 years, and I have lost most of my fire and urge to go to work. Suffice to say, much work, too few workers. Pay isnt all that either.

Your resume seems a little vague. What have you engineered?

There's something else that's a little odd to me: Are you sure the job title really is "Network Engineer"? I'm pretty familiar with Computex in Houston thanks to two of my BFFs working there. There's about 5 folks in their Enterprise Networking Practice who are network engineers (btw, say hi to D.S and M.G for me and send them my love). My understanding of their NOC is that it's a 24/7 call center - no delivery services. If you're really doing all that different stuff and thus have the actual skills to backup your resume, why have you not looked at transitioning over to that practice? I know for a fact they deliver a multitude of solutions be it R&S, Security, Wireless and of course Data Center. It would obviously pay a lot more as well…..so why has that not been an option? Again, something doesn’t seem right.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com