Options

CISSP Exam Registration

simondeyssimondeys Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi , My first attempt for CISSP was in 2011 , am planning for a second attempt soon , if i dint clear this attempt i have to wait for 90 days , So my question is , since its more than 5 years for my first attempt , can i go for a new and a fresh registration as a first attempt , Do ISC guys maintains such old records , will they detect in any way , or what are the chances of getting void.

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Retake Policy
    CISSP, SSCP, CSSLP, CAP, ISSEP, ISSAP, and ISSMP: Test takers who do not pass the exam the first time will be able to retest after 30 days. Test takers that fail a second time will need to wait 90 days prior to sitting for the exam again. In the unfortunate event that a candidate fails a third time, the next available time to sit for the exam will be 180 days after the most recent exam attempt. Candidates are eligible to sit for (ISC)² exams a maximum of 3 times within a calendar year.

Based on that, your first attempt will count as a fail and this re-take will count as your second attempt.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Why would they not have records? I would be extremely worried if they didn't keep them.