Favorite free practice question sources?

mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I already have the CISSP but am trying to help a co-worker get going on it.

Do you all have any favorite free sources with some practice questions just to help him gauge where he's at?

Thanks!
Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
In Progress: ​Not sure...

Comments

• SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    Shon Harris web site, and Eric Conrad website, both have free practice test, should be decent quality.
    Sybex questions are great, considering they are free if you get the book.
    You can go on website like BrainScape, they have flashcard simulating exam.
  • EvolvedEvolved Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I really liked CCCure. It's not free but I found them similar to the test questions. With CCCure you also get to specify domains to test, or even specific concentrations under each domain. They track your quiz history and break down which areas you need to improve. They also often (not always) excellent detail on why specific answers are best... one particular question had 2-3 pages of explanation including diagrams.

I went through a bootcamp provided by work and passed the exam on the 6th day. I used CCCure almost exclusively for test questions and referred to other material to study in areas that they told me I was weak in.
  • GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Shon Harris derived Total Seminars 6th Edition A-I-O Engine: Total Seminars - Best selling books plus practice exams for A+, Network+, and IC3 certification

And, yeah, the Sybex 7th questions if they buy the book. These are the closest in 'tone' to the test questions.

I'll give the boilerplate response that none of the practice questions from any source are on the exam, but they'll help your co-worker find out where they are weak and need to focus their studies.
  • treelifetreelife Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Another option would be to try CISSP.Favored.us. It has many questions covering the domains specified by the ISC. Also, it gives you recommendations based on your past trends, and your performance in each domains. This option helps you rehearse your exam and have a good idea on whether or not you are ready to take it.
  • goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    The McGraw-Hill free questions on their site were pretty awesome. You get a decent spread and quantity of questions. If you buy the gold CISSP book (Shon Harris' 6th edition) you get a CD with TotalTester questions on it. All of those are related specifically to the Shon Harris book. The questions available on the Sybex site are also pretty good, but the site format is brutal. icon_silent.gif
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT