Certified Counter-Intelligence Threat Analyst (CCTA)

JSNJSN Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
Has anyone heard of this certification, and is it worth earning?

https://www.mcafeeinstitute.com/courses/certified-counter-intelligence-threat-analyst

Comments

• Someguy412Someguy412 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd be very interested in hearing what others have to say about this. Looks like it's good for law enforcement.
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I really have never heard anyone make mention of McAfee Institute until today.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Have you been hiding under a rock? icon_smile.gif You have been missing:
    - The World’s Largest Online CrimeLab
    - Worlds Most Renowned Professional Training Organization
    - Have your peers and employer knocking on your door, begging for YOUR insights, expertise, and leadership abilities
    - Industry’s Premier and Most Recognized Nationally Accredited Training Organization
    - Earn multiple certificates and become qualified in a matter of days

And the most important thing:

The Bat Shirt!!! and whatever this is.
    What the hell. Is this CafePress or a certification vendor? I kinda dig the bat shirt tho.
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    ! and whatever this is.

Certified fashion police I think.
  • JSNJSN Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just wanted some feedback, it seems a little sketchy and a little gimmicky. Are there all well-known reputable intelligence certs out there? The whole McAffe thing was a little misleading too.
    No, there are not really any intel certifications.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What type of intelligence certifications are you looking for? There are no IT related ones that I have seen, besides the one mentioned by the OP. The American Board for Certification in Homeland Security has several certifications that might be of interest. When I worked as an OPSEC program manager several years ago my MAJCOM director was CHS-V certified and recommended ABCHS training and certification highly.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    It may be worth adding that if you look at Cyber Intelligence jobs on Indeed many ask for the usual suspects: Sec+, CEH, CISSP, etc. Nothing fancy.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good point, cyberguypr, I forgot to add that in before I pressed Post.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Those types of jobs will come down to experience in the private sector. Those types of job in public sector typically fall into the category of government multifactor job authentication: someone you know, someone knows you, someone knows who you are.
  • JSNJSN Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    It may be worth adding that if you look at Cyber Intelligence jobs on Indeed many ask for the usual suspects: Sec+, CEH, CISSP, etc. Nothing fancy.

I'm noticing that now too, I'm looking at intelligence positions on the NSA website, they all require a degree. But a degree in what exactly I'm not sure.