Linux+ obtained! Passed LX0-103 on 4/18 and LX0-104 on 4/25

thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
Pretty stress-free test thanks to the prep I've received.

Linux Academy courses for each exam (their lab services and study guides were the best)
ITPro.TV (the two free Transcender exams per calendar month were extremely helpful)
LPIC-1 official cert guide (ISBN-10:078975455X) - very easy read with good practice questions

I've also used a few PluralSight vids from the 6 month trial I signed up for in December. The CBT Nuggets course was not bad but I felt like I got more out of the Linux Academy and ITProTV.

My end goal for work was the CLA as we are a SUSE shop, so I am awaiting my info to be forwarded over to LPIC and then Novell.
2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA

Comments

• DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • indigomx9indigomx9 Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Fantastic news, great job! :D
  • ThomasITguyThomasITguy Banned Posts: 181
    Question.

Is this a good cert to have if you want to work with servers or be a system admin? or should I just get my RHCA
  • indigomx9indigomx9 Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My end goal for work was the CLA as we are a SUSE shop, so I am awaiting my info to be forwarded over to LPIC and then Novell.

Question.

Is this a good cert to have if you want to work with servers or be a system admin? or should I just get my RHCA

LPIC has a lot of clout in Europe, in USA it's Red Hat. I strongly suggest that you pursue the Red Hat certs. http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/linux-certifications,2-654.html
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! woot woot icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Question.

I got the CLA because I had to get a cert within my first 90 days and this was a faster exam to prep for. I am going to use the momentum to pursue Red Hat certs. Not sure if you meant RHCSA/RHCE...the RHCA is flippin' intense lol.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
  • TumieTumie Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is the MAN page available on the actual LX0-103 Exam?

Regards
  • ThomasITguyThomasITguy Banned Posts: 181
    Congrats on the pass. Im glad you made this thread. I am looking to take the Linux+ ASAP for my job. Thanks for listing what you used to study. I am going to use the same things.

icon_study.gif
  • PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Congrats on your certs.

Well done

Eamonn
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I've just started studying for Linux+, and the Linux Academy site courses have been great.
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • License2ILLLicense2ILL Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats I am aiming to pass Lx0-103 with about 10 weeks of study. And if possible also Lx-104 as well. But with less stress for Lx0-104 since I am allowed to take it later.

Would the rest of you fellas recommend this exact same outline for studying? Are any **** at all necessary or not recommended? Im asking so as to become informed and well aid my possibilities of passing. I am worried that it is not enough time but hoping some good direction from you all will help increase odds.

I am currently under Testout training. And I have a few ebooks...the CompTia Linux+Lpic1(Lx0103+104) cert guide, Linux Bible 9th edition, as well as an older Comptia Linux+Study guide(lx102+103).

In the past I have done extremely well in Dos environments but have forgotten a lot. I dont find linux shell difficult at all and think im comfortable in it but do need to learn it's commands and practice...I would say the dos background gives me at least a good curve for it. I have also installed Ubuntu and Mandriva in the past.....and recently just did Ubuntu mate successfully...I would say these were more breezy installs than hard...although I did have to forcepae in the more recent. I also have a VM machine with CentOs. But honestly could use some pointers for what to drill the most and if given my short timespan I should focus wholeheartedly and hardest on 103 test subjects. Which I will gladly accept your recommendations on if so.