Learning MPLS for interview

nikalisnikalis Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Recently talked to a recruiter for a Jr. Network Engineer position, I fit pretty well except for one requirement

MPLS

I know its gone over in at the CCNA level but they are asking for experience in it, I believe if I learned advanced MPLS configuration knowledge will override experience

Anyone know some high level learning resources for MPLS?
To Script or not to Script, that is the question.

MSCA [ ] 70-410 [ ] 70-411 [ ] 70-412
CCNA [X] 100-101 [ ] 200-101

Comments

• FadakartelFadakartel Member Posts: 144
    Check out cbt nuggets MPLS fundamentals course, as well as INE resources
  • micmismicmis Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also "MPLS Layer 3 VPN" course on udemy.com is worth looking into.
  • james43026james43026 Member Posts: 303 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How bizarre that they would want a jr network anything to have experience with MPLS.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Titles: that's how they get away with paying less.
  • FitziFitzi Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I guess you dont have much time to skill up but if it were me i would spend a little time understanding just the basic mpls vpn config and then spend the bigger chunk of your time understanding the concepts eg: RIB/LIB separation, route import/export etc.

In my opinion the config is the easy part, since most of it will be templated in an established evironment. In my opinion Troubleshooting skills are more valuable like being able to veryify the route and path to/from the customer, what routes and sent/received, traceroute and ping verification etc. This shows you know what a correct config should behave like and why. Just my 2 cents.