Took the 70-410 today at 8am PST. Passed with 7xx. Here is what I used:

Resources:
- Exam ref 70-410 by Craig Zacker
- Mastering Windows Server 2012 R2 by by Mark Minasi and Kevin Greene
- CBT nuggets videos R2 revision
- Testout online training
- Microsoft Virtual Academy
- Microsoft Virtual Labs

Just for the record, I have taken this exam twice before and failed, once in 2014 and then more recently in Aug, 2015. I had a lot going on in life and was not able to study on a consistent basis. Took a break basically. Then starting in Jan 2016, I picked up the books again, went through everything once. Went through the CBT nuggets videos twice. I did a few labs, just on topics I felt weak in, to get a better feel for what the topic was about.

I also credit my experience as sys admin at my newish job, I am responsible for 4 servers and about 35 client workstations. That helped too.

Studied pretty aggressively in the last 2-3 weeks prior to the exam, then on exam day, did not think about the "exam" at all. Went into the testing center with a calm mind, and was mentally prepared to fail. I actually purchased the booster pack for $200, which is funny because I wont be needing the retakes now, but the extra $50 insurance was worth it.

I am so happy right now! icon_cheers.gif

Onward, 411 here I come!
"Never give up" ~ Winston Churchill

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Gratz on the pass! tough exam, have failed it myself...
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass...!
  • kosta-kkosta-k Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    great job.
    btw, have you read Mastering Windows Server 2012 R2 by by Mark Minasi and Kevin Greene the whole book?
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    techwizard wrote: »
    - Microsoft Virtual Academy
    - Microsoft Virtual Labs

Congrats! Can you point me in the right direction to find labs relevant to this exam(on MVA)? I failed 3 times and want to start studying again.
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! The 410 is a tough one!
    icon_cheers.gif
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)

Tough one to crack
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.

How did you like Testout? I am able to get it all for around $80 through school.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • techwizardtechwizard Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    have you read Mastering Windows Server 2012 R2 by by Mark Minasi and Kevin Greene the whole book?

Hell no, lol. The book is huge and does not clearly label what section is for what exam. I used it more as a reference, and to get another perspective on same objective/topic. However, the book is definitely worth having, it is great for this kind of reference, but to read it cover to cover, no. It will be useful for the rest of the exams, the 70-411, 70-412 (or I may go the 74-409 route instead of 70-412, I have been reading that exam is much, much easier than the 70-412, so I might do that instead)

Can you point me in the right direction to find labs relevant to this exam(on MVA)? I failed 3 times and want to start studying again.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/virtuallabs/bb467605.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

just type in "server 2012", I think thats what you are looking for?

How did you like Testout? I am able to get it all for around $80 through school.

If you can get the library suite, do it. I got all my CompTIA exams, with testout and the info on MS exams is relevant, but as always dont rely on just one source for everything, get a couple books, access to videos, that sort of thing. Overall, I would highly recommend Testout. I know there are a few people on here that dont like it, but I never had any issues with it.

"Never give up" ~ Winston Churchill
  • bohackbohack Member Posts: 114
    congrats on the pass

NetworkedMinds - http://www.youtube.com/networkedminds
    MCSA / MCSE Educational Channel
  • DY770DY770 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, more labs will help you on your 411 exam.