Passed Security+ a couple hours ago!

thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
Materials used:

-ITProTV course/Transcender practice exams

I took this on a whim, albeit a ballsy one. I watched about 2/3 of the ITProTV course and went through the Transcender Flashcards and confident enough. The boss of my boss was asking around if any of the people in my department had a non-vendor security cert. I figured I could handle it no problem because I've been skimming this stuff for a while, and took a course for Security+ two years ago. I should have taken it more seriously because I barely squeaked by. The studying for my Linux+ and MCSA actually helped quite a bit. Overall it was a confidence booster for me that I could pass on little direct preparation. The knowledge must be retaining itself somehow lol.

PS The testing center was in an entertaining ghetto. I was interrogated by either an undercover cop or a drug dealer as I was smoking a cig outside the testing center after the test XD
2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass! Sounds like the testing center I use, lol.
  • tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When I took the A+ 802 it was in a dive called Ponchos tax service, crap all over the place. It was the only place that had a good time. They had a testing computer in a closet with a camera. I think the computer and camera system was the most expensive items in the office. They must make a few dollars hosting these tests.

Congrats on the pass !!
  • byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□