CISSP - Last 10 days - Test on June 2

letsrockcertletsrockcert Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All, I have 10 days till the exam. Can you please advice on what to do?
I have completed CCure, Sybex - 4 exams, Eric - 2 full exams, Exam cram

What should I focus on last 10 days. I have eleventh hour and Combined/sunflower notes in my mind.
Any other direction is much appreciated.

Comments

• webpriestesswebpriestess Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey man! I would watch Kelly's videos on Cybrary to pull it all together.

I trust you took some good notes and/or higlighted a bunch of stuff in your written materials. I would be reviewing that stuff. I would also be reviewing your weak spots from your practice exam results.

Best of luck to you :)
    ::Claudia
  • IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cybrary videos and 11th hour book.
  • heyooh1989heyooh1989 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Read through the Sybex book. I'd focus on your weakest areas. Cybrary videos are awesome! You can download these videos as mp3 for your iPhone and listen to them on your way to work if you like.
  • SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    Hey letsrockcert, is your scores over 80% ? If so, you should not worry to much about it except keeping your knowledges fresh!
    My exam is 3rd June. I'm finishing 11th hour today, doing an overall review of Sybex, Cybrary video, and probably 2 more exams. I will review my own notes, I started to use flash cards from Brainscape, not sure how much that will help but, there is an app, so at least, I can study on my phone.

Last thing I learn from the forum is focus on the concepts more than technical details it seems to work better for the exam. I am studying with that in mind now.

Now, one of the biggest challenge is making sure my girlfriend understand I need to focus for the last days before the exam!! :P
  • letsrockcertletsrockcert Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all! I will review sybex,11th hour, Cybrary, weak areas as you all suggeste

Seab, CCure, Sybex (4 full exams) and Mcgraw is above 80%. But I did Eric full test, I got only 72%.
    I am almost done with all exams not sure what else to do!!
    My kids and my husband is all set for me to finish CISSP and get some life!!
    Keep in mind that, there is no practice that will totally represent the official exam. Some people said that the questions are not what help them the most, but actually more about understanding the concepts, reading, watching video, etc. I guess a good balance is the key anyways.
    Have a good review, and you should be alright, hopefuly, same for me :)
  • coolkevincoolkevin Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Agree with Seab that a balance is the key. Just don't lose focus near the finish line. Keep doing practice tests! These are the best barometer for determining if you're ready or not.

Also, we all really hope that you pass the exam with no issues, but just understand that it's not the end of the world if you don't. You can take it again, and life goes on.
  • Cora_PanCora_Pan Member Posts: 26 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have only 1 week until the CISSP exam (1st June) and I want to know if only 11th hour CISSP from Eric Conrad is enough to read until the exam (and not the CISSP Study Guide, third edition from Eric Conrad because I really don't have the time to read it). I decided before to read not too much books but better to understand the concepts.

Until yet I used the following for preparation:
    AIO from Shon Harris (6th edition) - read cover to cover
    Sybex Official Study Guide 7th edition - read cover to cover
    Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, Fourth Edition - only looked at certain topics
    Total Tester tests
    McGraw Hill tests (not all)
    CCCure tests - a lot of them from each CISSP domain (scores btw. 80%-90%)
    The Sybex tests at the end of every chapter
    The tests from Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK at the end of every chapter
    The Cybrary videos

I intend to recap each CISSP domain using also the Sunflower slides and CISSP Combined Notes and to do the 4 bonus exams from Sybex and evtl. to look again at the Cybrary videos. Also review my own notes too.

Do you think that I still need something? Of course to consider all from a managerial point of view...

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hi Cora,

My exam is June 3rd, I think you are doing fine and 11th hour + reviewing your notes or others notes should be all right.

I have done something similar; Using AIO long time ago for theory and questions, Shon Harris MP3 + Sybex w/ questions and 2 exam practices + CCCure all domains x 125 questions + 1 exam simulation + 11th hour + Cybrary MP3.

Before the exam I expect to complete Eric's Cissp guide, started 2 days ago, reviewing my notes, watching Cybrary video, one practice exam if I can do it.

As Kevin said, losing the focus before the end is probably the most dangerous thing. Not easy to keep track for that long!

Good luck! :)