Failed the 210-260 today.... by one question

poguepogue Member Posts: 213
And... Let's just say....
I remember specific question/answer choices..... And still have no f***ing earthly idea what answer Cisco wants... After going back and reading up on the technology.

It's almost as if the writers of the particular section in question opened up some random Cisco link on the technology, and paraphrased a question directly from the text, without considering that the question could be answered multiple ways, and oh, by the freaking way... They included every possible way in the answer set, with no way to differentiate between the answer choices.

If I seem pretty pissed right now.. It's because I missed it by 11 points. Which I am pretty sure is 1 question... out of 67. And I have a Germany job riding on this piece of s**t exam.

An example, without breaking the NDA....

Question asks for features that do "X".

Two choices are "Traffic Classification" and "Class-maps".

Which are the same mother*****ing thing, from a logical perspective. They both do the EXACT same thing.

This exam is a total, unadulterated, piece of hot, stinking garbage. This was not by any means the only question to have this problem.

I have no choice but to retake it this Saturday. If I don't pass it this time, I am likely not going to get this job because of time constraints, and I'll be on the hook for two exam fees I won't get reimbursed for.

I knew the material well enough, that as of right now, I have no clue what to study to bring my score up, and I feel that I am basically just hoping not to get the same percentage of ****ed up questions this time.

Russ
Currently working on: CCNA:Security
Up next: CCNA:Voice

Comments

• Jamm1nJamm1n Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear about the troubles. Hopefully everything goes better on round two so you don't miss out on a job opportunity.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Man that sucks!! You will nail it next time..
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    pogue wrote: »
    Two choices are "Traffic Classification" and "Class-maps".

Which are the same mother*****ing thing, from a logical perspective. They both do the EXACT same thing.

While I am certainly no expert on QOS, I don't think I'd really call these the same thing. One is the method, while the other is the end goal/result. So you'd have to look closely at the phrasing of the question to determine which they're looking for to answer it, but it should be there.

Also, while it sucks to get this close and fail, no doubt (been there, done that), don't focus on any particular question, but review everything you were unsure about, and pay attention to the score report to try to confirm that. You're darn close, I expect you'll get it on next try. Don't let it get you down