Options

CCNA Security: Udemy?

maelstrom3530maelstrom3530 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

Has anyone used Udemy for studying Cisco CCNA Security?

https://www.udemy.com/ccnasecurityvideobootcamp/

The cost is quite reasonable. I just wondered if that and some hands-on labbing is enough to pass the exam. The official course book I is pretty shoddy, I've heard. Are there any other good study resources available? Also is this exam changing significantly in June 2016?

Thanks!
2015 Goals: [X] ICND2 [X]70-680 [X]70-685 [X]70-640
2016 Goals: [X]70-410 [X]70-411
2017 Goals: [X]70-412
2018 Goals: [_]70-697 [_]70-698

Comments

• Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    I used the version for the previous CCNA Security iteration, and it was pretty good. He focussed a bit more tightly on the actual exam content rather than the breadth that the OCG gives. I probably would have failed without it.

It's unlikely that there will be a major revision of CCNA Security in the near future, since it was updated just late last year. Also, Cisco tends to give ample warning of any changes and has a cut over period of months before they retire an exam.

There's been rumours of a major refresh at the CCNP and CCIE level for maybe 12 months now, but still no announcement from Cisco.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    Jamm1nJamm1n Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks like he has updates out this June. That might be good as the new exam has been out for a few months so hopefully he can be more specific. Will see... Ill be in for 30 dollars though lol
  • Options
    poguepogue Member Posts: 213
    OctalDump wrote: »
    I used the version for the previous CCNA Security iteration, and it was pretty good. He focussed a bit more tightly on the actual exam content rather than the breadth that the OCG gives. I probably would have failed without it.

It's unlikely that there will be a major revision of CCNA Security in the near future, since it was updated just late last year. Also, Cisco tends to give ample warning of any changes and has a cut over period of months before they retire an exam.

There's been rumours of a major refresh at the CCNP and CCIE level for maybe 12 months now, but still no announcement from Cisco.

Heck, I'd be happy if Cisco just got off their lazy ***es to fix the serious grammatical errors in their questions on the exam.

Russ
    Currently working on: CCNA:Security
    Up next: CCNA:Voice
  • Options
    JamesKurtovichJamesKurtovich Member Posts: 195
    I don't think he's updated his 210-260 course just yet. Bryant pushed it back to June.