Passed it...

HamdingerHamdinger Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I used CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead book from Darril Gibson and purchased access to his practice questions which includes 400 or so multiple choice as well as a number of simulations.

Hit the book very hard (know it cold), and get the hang of the sims. A month of work lunches did it for me for study duration.

I'm an old guy and I managed an 854.

I did it, and so can you.. it just requires a bit of discipline. A number of coworkers have blown off studying for it and have failed flat out.

Now.. getting ready to have my butt handed to me on the real exams...

Comments

• PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! Good use of your lunch time. It's pretty amazing what you can learn by spending just 30 minutes a day studying.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! Excellent News
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats!