Options

Resume Critique

HorizonThiefHorizonThief Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I'm hoping for some feedback/comments on my current resume.

Thank you!

CopyofResume(1).pdf
(In Progress)
Accomplished:
COLOR=#008000][B]100% Done[/B][/COLOR Comptia A+, Comptia N+, Comptia Sec+, AS: CIS (Networking Concentration)
Goals for 2017: B][COLOR=#ff0000]0% Done[/COLOR][/B Cisco CCENT, B][COLOR=#ff0000]0% Done[/COLOR][/B Cisco CCNA: R&S B][COLOR=#ff0000]0% Done[/COLOR][/B B.S. IT Security

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    - Objective: nobody uses that any more. The second problem is that it screams "me, myself, and I"
    - Address: not a fan of having that in a resume
    - 50 wpm? Absolutely irrelevant unless you are looking to pursue a career in data entry or transcribing
    - "windows" is not capitalized. Do you mean physical windows that you look out through?
    - Skiils section doesn't really work. I rather see a Professional Summary
    - I personally hate the bullet fest. I like to see a short paragraph with an overview of the position and then 2-3 bullets of key accomplishments that show how you brought value in the shape of process enhancements, money saving, etc.
    - "Answer, resolve, and create help desk tickets," - shouldn'r they be created first before you answer them?
    - Old job's verbs should be past tense
    - I wouldn't put the expiration date for the CompTIA cert as it is irrelevant
  • Options
    TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Microsoft Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
    Estimated Completion Date: 07/25/2016

Hasn't Microsoft already retired this cert?
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • Options
    HorizonThiefHorizonThief Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cyberguypr: Will update soon with your suggestions, thank you!

Tyb: I hope not, as I just took a class on it...
    (In Progress)
    Accomplished:
    COLOR=#008000][B]100% Done[/B][/COLOR Comptia A+, Comptia N+, Comptia Sec+, AS: CIS (Networking Concentration)
    Goals for 2017: B][COLOR=#ff0000]0% Done[/COLOR][/B Cisco CCENT, B][COLOR=#ff0000]0% Done[/COLOR][/B Cisco CCNA: R&S B][COLOR=#ff0000]0% Done[/COLOR][/B B.S. IT Security
  • Options
    TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□

70-682
    Pro: Upgrading to Windows 7 MCITP Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
    July 31, 2014

and here is the link for retired exams:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/retired-certification-exams.aspx
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • Options
    LA2LA2 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The formatting is simple, but works. As mentioned by Cyberguypr, I would remove the objectives box and convert that energy into a cover letter(if necessary). Your skills sections should be a collection or list of technologies that you are familiar with (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 10, Ghost Imaging Software ). I would personally move the entire skills section to the bottom of the resume to highlight skills and education. You have good work experience so expand on that some more. Type a brief description of what you did, your role, and the technologies you were exposed to. I was always told to list just work experience in the past tense(even if you currently work there) so that might be something to consider as well.