Hold Fire or Go for it

jacksonrjacksonr Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I have my Network+ booked for early June.
I was going to follow this up with a CCNA soon after.

However, we are getting married this year so all of our money will be going towards the wedding in 8 Months.
On that basis, is it worth putting the Network+ on hold until nearer the time so I can go straight from the Net+ to CCNA or Take and Pass the N+, then revisit my notes before I start the CCNA?

Cheers

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Seeing as the current CCNA (200-120) is about to retire, you will have no issues starting up with CCNA v3.0 (200-125). The skills you learn in Network+ will prepare you well for the new CCNA. There are some big changes between CCNA v2 and v3, but give yourself enough time, and you should do just fine.

Congratulations on your nuptials!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • jacksonrjacksonr Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Tech, much appreciated :)

So on that basis, put things on hold for time being?
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    $300 will not make or break your wedding plans. Your Net+ is already booked so it's already paid. If you feel prepared for CCNA go for it and dont think about the $300. You will get it back in the form of raise or better paying job.
    That's a fair comment Force. The Exam is only $300 (£175), but that's without training material etc.
    I was going to get a Home Lab and learn that way, but obviously its more money.
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Go for it... Your wife will thank you later. What better feeling is there then to tell your new wife "Hey I just got my Net+ and im sitting for my CCNA asap so i can be a network Engineer"

Always keep learning.... your wife will reward you with tons of good tidings :)
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
    Either that or it will be the shortest marriage in history ;)
  • Experienced_ISN'T_oldExperienced_ISN'T_old Banned Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jacksonr wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have my Network+ booked for early June.
    I was going to follow this up with a CCNA soon after.

However, we are getting married this year so all of our money will be going towards the wedding in 8 Months.
    On that basis, is it worth putting the Network+ on hold until nearer the time so I can go straight from the Net+ to CCNA or Take and Pass the N+, then revisit my notes before I start the CCNA?

Cheers

Network+ van be easily superseded with experience. In the absence of experience, nothing compares.
  • sunilh121sunilh121 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would crack on with CCNA...I would advice you to do it in two parts and then take network+....I just passed ICND1 and now I'm struggling with network + as there is soo many things to remember