Options

Free Information security certification.

erandaderandad Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is there any Free Information security certification?

Comments

• Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm not aware of one that has any value really. You could do things like cybrary.it courses and get some kind of cert of completion at the end but it's not exactly a cert.
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ACE - AccessData Certified Examiner from AccessData using their FTK platform is free and decently well known with forensics groups. The hard part is getting a version of the software that's useable for the exam. The certification test itself is free and done at home (or wherever).
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Free? Do we think the people making exams are doing it out of the kindness of their hearts? A lot of effort goes into picking the curriculum and exam questions. With that being said...No.
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    this reminds me of a law from the 48 Laws of power....

Law 40: Despise the Free Lunch
    It is also often wise to pay the full price—there are no cutting corners with excellence. Which is true especially with IT. There are no freebies or shortcuts... its better to learn and invest in yourself.... because like many have said on this forum before......
    "How can you expect others to invest in you, and you can't even invest in yourself"

Training materials, classes, books, studying.... that is a investment. Your in the wrong field to be looking for freebies and handouts.
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    bryanthetechiebryanthetechie Member Posts: 172
    If the product is free, you are the product.
  • Options
    drthtaterdrthtater Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's several classes, not a certification, but they have a TON of great information. And it's free!

https://teex.org/Pages/Program.aspx?catID=607