Options

Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)

eth0eth0 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
Someone have Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)? Any opinions, details?

Comments

• Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    what are you trying to get at? please ask your question clearly. Its like asking "Can someone that owns a red shirt give me their opinion"
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It's about risk management. Many people consider it harder than the CISA or CISM, some people don't. You'll need to review the Q&A database to prep for the exam while the study guide is more useful for real-life takeaways. It's very rarely asked for in job applications as it's more of a niche market (for some reason I don't understand....). That niche market also means the salaries are usually higher than other IT jobs.
  • Options
    eth0eth0 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you think that will not be so hard when I have none experience in "risk managment" but just in general security (forensic/cert/pentest)?
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    From that background you probably won't go into your studies with a sufficient existing knowledgebase, but everything can be learned if you spend the time to understand the materials. do you meet the experience requirements for all of the domains?
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    eth0 wrote: »
    Someone have Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)? Any opinions, details?

I think we need google translate for this one.... icon_lol.gif
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ITSpectre wrote: »
    I think we need google translate for this one.... icon_lol.gif

I think he is trying to say someone stole his crisc. any details on where it is?
  • Options
    ilikeshellsilikeshells Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes. IMO CRISC is the most difficult exam I've taken in years. It's not that the material is hard or that there's a lot of it, it's just that the questions were much trickier than say the CISA. That being said, being a pentester will not necessarily help you on the exam. It's specifically about identifying, assessing, mitigating, and monitoring risk. Literally, those 4 areas make up most of the exam. Read the official guide (very dry) and focus on Q&A database.

Also there's an ISACA forum here on Techexams where more would chime in.
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    what are you trying to get at? please ask your question clearly. Its like asking "Can someone that owns a red shirt give me their opinion"

:D LOL

I think the OP wants to know....

If anyone has the cert and what is their opinion on it.
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios