ios for 3550

Ross_T76Ross_T76 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm trying to find c3550-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE10.bin to update a 3550
The ios is no longer available from cisco
I don't really want to download it from a random file sharing site
Does anyone know where I might find the file I'm looking for?

Comments

• GDainesGDaines Member Posts: 273 ■■■□□□□□□□
    According to this page it looks like it might be the same IOS as used by the 3750 which you'll find here, though you'll only be able to download it from the Cisco site if you have a valid contract on this model.
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    I can find c3550-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE9.bin with Cisco Feature Navigator - Cisco Systems

There is a download link, but requires login (and probably contract).

There is this on the Download Navigator which has a download link and does require login and contract.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Ross_T76Ross_T76 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OctalDump wrote: »
    I can find c3550-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE9.bin with Cisco Feature Navigator - Cisco Systems

There is a download link, but requires login (and probably contract).

There is this on the Download Navigator which has a download link and does require login and contract.

Thanks, but if you click the download link, you'll see my problem. It's not available to download. Even if you sign in with a partner account.
  • Ross_T76Ross_T76 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    GDaines wrote: »
    According to this page it looks like it might be the same IOS as used by the 3750 which you'll find here, though you'll only be able to download it from the Cisco site if you have a valid contract on this model.

Thanks, I'll give this a try
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GDaines wrote: »

While it might be able run the same version of IOS, the 3550 and 3750 are different devices and IOS is generally compiled for each device. There are some cases, such as 3560v2, where the v2 is just a regular 3560 with some extras, so it will run the same IOS, but I highly doubt an IOS compiled for a 3750 will run on a 3550.

Cisco lets you download the IP Base (Limited Layer 3) image for a Layer 3 switch without a service contract (Just a regular CCO account). You can also download the IP Services image for the 3550, but not newer models. I think that at some point Cisco stopped listing the older models on their downloads page, but it appears some of the images are still there if you can find them.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=275935152&softwareid=280805680&release=12.2.44-SE6
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • GDainesGDaines Member Posts: 273 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ross_T76 wrote: »
    I'm trying to find c3550-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE10.bin to update a 3550
    The ios is no longer available from cisco
    I don't really want to download it from a random file sharing site
    Does anyone know where I might find the file I'm looking for?

This WS-C3550-48-SMI isn't cheap (when you can get a 3560 for the same money if you're lucky), but it does have IPServices installed, though slightly older than the version you're looking for. You could buy it, copy the IOS to upgrade your switch (shame you can't simply swap out the flash card like you can on routers) and sell it if you don't need another switch. Alternatively, keep this one and sell your existing switch.

Not ideal, but one option to get IPServices IOS. Check compatibility first though as I don't know what model your 3550 is and whether they all use the same IOS.