Passed! 28 May 2016

Swimfan2516Swimfan2516 Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi everyone I passed after a nice week long boot camp thru Training Camp. This boot camp was certainly good enough to fine tune my skills and knowledge that I already had. Nothing on my exam was a surprise to me and I finished in 4 hours which included my review.

Study Materials:

ISC2 CBK Participants Guide
Training Camp Supplemental Guide
Sybex Book (Mainly used this resource)
Sybex questions from the book and online website.

I studied for about 2-3 months (1-2 hours a day or so) on my own before I attended this course. Certainly being able to compare the Sybex book and the ISC2 CBK book this week really showed me that the Sybex book is far superior to the ISC2 book. But the real material came from reading and learning from these forums :)

Just a quick note.. someone in my class asked to use an English dictionary during the exam but was denied. Apparently this is a new change that will be coming out? They haven’t updated the ISC2 website yet but supposedly its coming…

Cheers

Comments

• DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • protacticusprotacticus Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Swimfan congratulations!

Please could you tell us more about the areas from which it was more the tough questions? What are the areas should be given more attention?

Thanks
  • ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    Swimfan congratulations!

Please could you tell us more about the areas from which it was more the tough questions? What are the areas should be given more attention?

Thanks

Everyone gets a different exam with different domain focuses. It is simply a luck of the draw. However, if you read the numerous pass threads in the last month across here and reddit, one of the top domains is typically Software Development.
  • webpriestesswebpriestess Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, buddy! What did you think of Training Camp?

Also, if you don't mind...what kind of experience do you have? What's next for you?

::Claudia
  • Swimfan2516Swimfan2516 Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone!

Bloopz- As previously stated everyone gets a different exam.. somehow I got the exam with several drag and drops and multiple question scenarios.. As long as you know the material by taking the time to study concepts and have a good amount of experience, you'll be able to make it through the exam fine in my opinion.

Claudia - I've worked as an InfoSec Manager the past year officially. But I have a heavy background in telecommunications and network security.. I worked on firewalls and network design for a several years. Also I worked as a physical security office in the military.. I have a few Cisco certs and I already had my PMP going into this exam which I though the type of questions were very similar to the CISSP... BEST, MOST, LESS, MORE.. type of questions etc... certainly testing for that exam I was able to use my tips to pass this time.

What's next? hmmm not sure.. maybe CISM? I haven't given it too much thought..
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Congratulations on your pass. Good job!
  • Terminator XTerminator X Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Swimfan!
    -Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic-
    ~Unknown
  • havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS! Swimfan!
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone!!
    Just checked ISC2 account and I now hold the CISSP credential. Submitted endorsement packet on 1 Jun and received notification 29 Jun. 4 weeks not to bad of a turn around...

Next certification = CISM
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Just checked ISC2 account and I now hold the CISSP credential. Submitted endorsement packet on 1 Jun and received notification 29 Jun. 4 weeks not to bad of a turn around...

Next certification = CISM

Congrats man!
  • datybayodatybayo Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations Bro..
    Wish you all the best :)

Actually am planning to set for the exam at 14 July, so scared ..

Can you pleas give me brief short about the exam, and what is your advice to me ?!

Can i pass the exam from the first attempt, or there's a difficulty !

Your help is highly appreciated !
  • WckitWckit Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Swimfan2516!

Are you referring to the Sybex All in One or the Sybex CISSP official study guide by James Michael Stewart?