Passed CISSP on 25th May

Pathan89Pathan89 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
First of all, I would like to express my gratitude to each and every person of this forum for their help and guidance. I was a long journey and the hard has finally paid off. I can't tell you how relieved I am after clearing this exam. It gives me a feeling that I belong here.

Study material used:
  1. Shon Harris AIO
  2. Cybrary videos
  3. CCCure practice test
My scores in CCCure for the last four tests before the exam:

[TH="class: sort_enable"]No of Question[/TH]
[TH="class: sort_enable"]Score[/TH]
[TH="class: sort_enable"]Area[/TH]
[TH="class: sort_enable"]Difficulty[/TH]
[TH="class: sort_enable"]Quiz Type[/TH]
[TH="class: sort_enable"]Time Taken[/TH]
[TH="class: sort_enable sort_down"]Date[/TH]
[TH="class: sort_enable"]Status[/TH]
[TH]Results[/TH]
[TH="class: hidden_tooltip"][/TH]

81%
CISSP 2015
Pro
Test
04:12:29
22-May-2016 06:49:07 am
Complete
Review Quiz

77%
CISSP 2015
Pro
Test
04:45:19
20-May-2016 04:46:06 am
Complete
Review Quiz

75%
CISSP 2015
Pro
Test
05:31:57
18-May-2016 04:06:44 am
Complete
Review Quiz

80%
CISSP 2015
Pro
Test
05:01:31
16-May-2016 04:15:37 am
Complete
Review Quiz

The mistake I did in preparing for the exam was that I went to the question bank very late. I was looking to be comfortable and confident with each domain before jumping to the CCCure tests, but I was wrong. You will never feel confident about all the domains because till the time you will reach the last domain the first domain will get blur. So my suggestion is finish the syllabus once and jump to CCure or whichever practice tests you are using, the test gives to a feel of the exam and you will get to know what type of questions can be made out of a particular topic.

The exam was hugely concentrated on Risk Management and Business Continuity. I took around 5 hours to complete the exam, took a lot of breaks as I was in no hurry to rush back home. When I hit submit, the walk from my seat to the invigilator to collect my result was the most frightening walk of my life.

All the best guys....

Comments

• ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • webpriestesswebpriestess Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pathan89 wrote: »
    When I hit submit, the walk from my seat to the invigilator to collect my result was the most frightening walk of my life.

Dude, you ain't lie. They may as say "dead woman walking" as I take that walk.

Congratulations! I had a similar approach as you - I read an entire book, did all the practice questions and then jumped into CCCure. Man, I wish I could have contained myself and been a little more structured. Too late for that now - my exam is a week away.

::Claudia
  • Pathan89Pathan89 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just relax, you will do well. Make sure you don't study on the last day before the exam and keep 2 things in mind while writing the exam:
    1- Think like a manager
    2- Read the question and options carefully.
  • havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□