Passed 210-260 Today on second try....

poguepogue Member Posts: 213
I still think the exam is a stinking pile of garbage. This exam may play a decent part in and of itself in driving business for Checkpoint and Palo Alto solutions.

Felt like I hit every question dead solid... Got a 890.. And I actually work with ASAs, AnyConnect VPNs, and Web Security Appliances daily.

Not to be negative (but I know that I am, anyways...), but.... Take the exam if you are required to, but I might suggest pursuing other avenues until Cisco fixes this exam.

icon_biggrin.gif

Short Bus Russ
Currently working on: CCNA:Security
Up next: CCNA:Voice

Comments

• aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This gives me hope, but not much lol.
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • doctorlexusdoctorlexus Member Posts: 217
    I was considering this exam, as well as the new CCNA Wireless (which I fear may be just as bad). I wonder if Cisco is spreading themselves too thin with so many exam tracks to keep up with.
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congratulations! If igured you'd get it this time around. :)

Just remember that one of the biggest problems with exams is actually dumpers. Tests always seem to go downhill after the first version/draft, because the writers start having to scratch further to find a question/answer that isn't already included in a ****. So thank the cheaters out there for the crappy/vague questions.
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Much-deserved congratulations on the pass! I need to get this cert by the time my CCNA R&S expires on 9/21 in a few months. Could you share what you used as learning resources, other than what you work with on a daily basis? I have quite a few that both myself and my employer have paid for, and I want to make sure I have all my bases covered. I would have bought the official material when Cisco had it for $350 (before they raised to $1500), but neither were willing to spend the extra money. Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • RomeoJettRomeoJett Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    joelsfood wrote: »
    Congratulations! If igured you'd get it this time around. :)

Just remember that one of the biggest problems with exams is actually dumpers. Tests always seem to go downhill after the first version/draft, because the writers start having to scratch further to find a question/answer that isn't already included in a ****. So thank the cheaters out there for the crappy/vague questions.

I agree with Joel, to some extent, dumpers in turn push the test makers to make the test better, some would argue. Exams would be stagnate, at least we get challenged. I see so many industry certs and qualifications argue both sides of the fence, heck one well known Telcom's trainers gave the guys practice exams that were actual exams, this really burned up the veteran phone guys, as they had newbies certified that didn't know squat, but eventually these are weeded out.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□