Options

Cissp cpe

RimmiRimmi Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

If I study for CISM for 30 hours, does it means that I can claim the CPE for 30 hours for CISSP.
Do I need to be a CISM Certified before I can claim?

https://www.isc2.org/uploadedfiles/(isc)2_member_content/cpes/cpe_guidelines.pdf

Completing self-study, and attending Computer-Based Training (CBT), webcasts, andpodcasts - Group A or B creditMembers can earn one CPE credit per hour for completing a self-study program, attending computerbasedtraining, or viewing a Web Cast or Pod Cast. For example, members can claim 1 CPE hour forattending one hour of online training course, or watching a webcast or podcast. However, (ISC)2 willnot allow members to submit more than the maximum number of CPEs recommended by the self-studyproviderMembers who have studied to obtain an additional professional certification and are awarded thatcertification can claim up to 30 CPE credits for the preparation or self-study work they did to achievethat certification. If the additional certification is related to the domains of members’ (ISC)2credential,they would earn 30 Group A credits. If the additional certification is not related to the domains ofmembers’ (ISC)2credential, they would earn 30 Group B credits. CPE credits associated with obtainingadditional professional certifications are awarded for the time they spent in preparation for obtainingthe additional credential but not for achieving the certification.

Also, what is the maximum hours Ii can claim for self-study such as Computer Base Training? Does this means 30 hours?

Comments

• Options
    minimominimo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Rimmi,

Were you able to find the answer to your question? I have the same question- have passed CISM but yet to apply for the certification and wondering if I can use the self study hours for obtaining CISSP group A Cpes.

Let me know if you have figured this out.

Thanks!
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    yes you can use them