Need advise suggestion

azi90azi90 Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,
Could someone please review my resume to see if its good or good enough for job roles like system admin/NOC? or even technical support (non call center work)

reason why i asked is because i been applying (with cover letter) almost 8-10 jobs everyday without a single call back or feedback.

I really appreciate everyones help

p.s formatting might be off due to copy.paste but that is not the issue

Information Technology Professional
Troubleshooting · Server Management · Installations/Configurations

[h=2][/h]Dynamic IT Professional with strong technical knowledge and experience in Windows/MAC Systems Administration, computer operations and Batch processing. Ability to collaborate among multiple professionals, work within a multi-disciplinary team and provide effective leadership in fast-paced, deadline driven environments; flexible, self-directed and able work effectively with minimal supervision.

Core Competencies

• MCSA/CCNA Certified

• Virtual Private Network(VPN)

• MAC O/S

• Hospital systems support

• Exchange Management

• LAN/WAN

• Citrix Xenapp

• Server Operations/Maintenance

• Printers

• Microsoft IIS/Exchange Server
  • Active Directory(MS AD)
  • VMware Vsphere Administration
  • Infrastructure Support

• Imaging and distribution tools
  • MS Cluster - Fail Over Cluster Management
  • Backup Management using Networker

• Data Storage
  • DNS & DHCP
  • System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM )
  • TCP/IP

Technical Skills

Operating Systems:
  • Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 7-10, Mac OS
Hardware:
  • Network Access Storage, RAID systems, HP & Dell Servers, Cisco Routers and Switches.
Applications:
  • NetIQ, EMC Smarts Console, Exchange Server 2007-2010, Blackberry Enterprise Server, BMC Remedy and Knowledge Base, ActiveSync, Active Directory, Exchange Server.

Work Experience

CompuCom · Scarborough, ON · 12/ 2013 – Present
Systems Administrator for UHN, CAMH and Canada Post

• Monitor alerts for Unix and Windows servers using tools such as NetIQ and EMC Smarts. Investigate and resolve alerts for Server down.
  • Create User Account and Mailboxes using Active Directory and MS Exchange.
  • Prepare and maintain daily Server reports for WebSphere Servers using Online WebSphere Console
  • Prepare and generate daily Anti-Virus status report summary.
  • Communicate with external vendors and partners to ensure information system meets business needs.
  • Schedule maintenance window and coordinate with WINTEL teams for patching and other issues.
  • Run monthly patches for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012 R2. Manage clustered servers while patches are being done.
  • Create and manage NTFS Folder permissions for clients’ needs.
  • Monitor routine backups, resolve any issue that happen with backups and fulfill User Restore Requests using NetWorker.
  • Prepare monthly server health check (performance) reports to ensure servers are up to the clients required needs.
  • Manage & Monitor disk utilization, processor utilization, memory utilization on different servers.
  • Responds to Help Desk telephone calls, emails, and personnel requests for technical support in a timely and courteous manner using ServiceNow ticketing tool
  • Identifies and escalates issues requiring urgent attention by other IT resources or 3rd party vendors to the appropriate resource for expeditious troubleshooting and resolution.

IBM Canada · Markham, ON · 04/2013 – 12/2013
Technical Analyst for Loblaws
  • Provided exceptional customer service while managing high volume of technical issues utilizing the Remedy ticketing system to resolve problems and review solutions.
  • Provided remote assistance to office and store users - troubleshooting occurring issues; solved numerous problems and increased office productivity.
  • Configured and setup network printers, devices, shared drives and folders for office users.
  • Configured roles and access for office and store users in Active directory.
  • Provided support and troubleshooting to users for Outlook setup and connectivity.

National Produce Marketing Inc. · Toronto, ON · 2011 - 2013
Desk side Support Technician
  • Provided technical assistance including diagnosis and troubleshooting for hardware and software.
  • Participated in rollout of new software and hardware to ensure consistency in technical standards.
  • Performed hardware repairs on customers’ equipment such as desktops and notebooks.
  • Diagnosed and resolved problems and connectivity issues with Routers and switches.
  • Troubleshot Windows 7 and Mac OS issues and increased end user productivity by resolving complex problems quickly.
  • Used Acronis True Image to image and deploy Windows 7. Troubleshoot any post-imaging issues.
  • Configured and maintained Network-attached storage devices.

Education

Humber College of Applied Arts and Technology ǀ 2011 - 2013
Diploma in Computer and Network Support Technician

Additional Credentials

[h=2][/h][h=2]Certifications[/h]

Awards

Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate Windows Server 2012 R2 (MCSA)
Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center
CCNA in Routers and Switches

Best Customer Service Award(CompuCom Systems)
Honors standing in IT Processes and Support, Virtualization Solutions and Infrastructure, Internet Script Programming course in Humber College.

[h=2]Hobbies/Interests[/h]

Fixing computers, solving complicated computer and networking problems.

Comments

• azi90azi90 Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    any one please? desperately need some help. Dont want to just go out and start spending money on resume makeover if thats not the problem
  • tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Maybe get rid of the boxes, never seen that before
    tmtex wrote: »
    Maybe get rid of the boxes, never seen that before

Those are due to copy/paste actual resume doesnt show any boxes
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    We prefer a PDF or DOC. I don't comment of pasted resumes precisely because of formatting issues.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Yes, get rid of the boxes, get rid of the dates you went to school and just list certifications towards the end of your resume.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    Yes, get rid of the boxes, get rid of the dates you went to school and just list certifications towards the end of your resume.
    Scaredoftests, those boxes dont show in actual resume. They are hidden. Should i still remove them? eventhough its saving me alot of space.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Upload a sanitized pdf file. Remove your personal information. You don't need those core competency and technical skills section. Try to incorporate those items on your various positions. Otherwise it seems like you are summarizing your different positions within your resume creating unnecessary clutter.
    here is the attached PDF copy of my resumes. All feedbacks and comments are welcome :)
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As i mentioned earlier. Here's my feedback.
    Remove the "Troubleshooting Server Management Installations/Configurations" - by having this, you are limiting yourself a potential reader might think that you are only good at that or that you are only interested in those areas.

Remove the "CORE COMPETENCIES" and "TECHNICAL SKILLS" skills from the top of your resume. Remove CORE COMPETENCIES completely and add those various items to the various job positions that you have held. Add "Technical skills" section at the bottom of your resume.

Remove the verbiage "Work Experience" and replace it with the word "Employment"

So at the end, you resume should look like this.
    Education
    Certificates (Awards maybe here too)
    Employment
    Technical Skills

The most important is to incorporate the items from your "Core competencies" section to your employment positions. As an example, you list SCCM in that section, but you do not list it under any of your job description. So now me as a recruiter, should i start thinking that you are familiar with SCCM or that you have actually used it? Instead you can put something like "Experienced with software deployment, patch deployment using SCCM" Now you are adding more value on your skills and providing info that you have actually used it to complete certain tasks.
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    As i mentioned earlier. Here's my feedback.
    Remove the "Troubleshooting Server Management Installations/Configurations" - by having this, you are limiting yourself a potential reader might think that you are only good at that or that you are only interested in those areas.

Remove the "CORE COMPETENCIES" and "TECHNICAL SKILLS" skills from the top of your resume. Remove CORE COMPETENCIES completely and add those various items to the various job positions that you have held. Add "Technical skills" section at the bottom of your resume.

Remove the verbiage "Work Experience" and replace it with the word "Employment"

So at the end, you resume should look like this.
    Education
    Certificates (Awards maybe here too)
    Employment
    Technical Skills

The most important is to incorporate the items from your "Core competencies" section to your employment positions. As an example, you list SCCM in that section, but you do not list it under any of your job description. So now me as a recruiter, should i start thinking that you are familiar with SCCM or that you have actually used it? Instead you can put something like "Experienced with software deployment, patch deployment using SCCM" Now you are adding more value on your skills and providing info that you have actually used it to complete certain tasks.
    Alrights thanks man, Very valuable information. Will take your steps into consideration. :)