eLearning's PTP/eCPPT updating

BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
For those considering taking eLearnSecurity's PTP course, it's being upgraded to v4 on 21 June 2016. You might want to wait until after that date to purchase the course.

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I remember emailing them about upgrading from v2 to v3 and got no answer. In all their promotions I never saw anything related to upgrading from a previous version to the latest.

I litterally lost all my courses too. Once they moved to the new caendra login portal all my courses were gone. I log back to the old portal and ALL gone too! I have been emailing them for several months now and its just a constant back and forth of "oh log into your previous account." I have explained this to them several times that I do not see my courses on the new and old portals using my new and old accounts.

smh......
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That's strange, when they transferred to the new login system I lost the free previews that I had access to, but it didn't have any affect on the courses I paid for. If I'm not mistaken you can pay for upgrades to new versions, but who wants to pay? That's why I suggest those looking at it just wait until 21 June.
    Agreed, the upgrade if true, is still around 30-40% off of $1000 which will end up being a $600-700 investment just for an upgrade....

how much of the material from v3 is still on v4?

What if I studied and learned most of v3 and now that v4 is out and I want to go for v4? Does it make sense to spend another $600-700 investment when I had just spent $1000 on v3 previously? So over a $1500 investment between upgrades and original purchase of the previous version....

OSCP Upgrade Policies:

Upgrade from PWB v.3.0 to PWK
    USD 200.00

Upgrade from PWB v.2.0 to PWK
    USD 300.00

Upgrade from PWB v.1.0 to PWK
    USD 400.00

OSCP – Certification retake
    USD 60.00

Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    chrisone wrote: »
    I remember emailing them about upgrading from v2 to v3 and got no answer. In all their promotions I never saw anything related to upgrading from a previous version to the latest.

I litterally lost all my courses too. Once they moved to the new caendra login portal all my courses were gone. I log back to the old portal and ALL gone too! I have been emailing them for several months now and its just a constant back and forth of "oh log into your previous account." I have explained this to them several times that I do not see my courses on the new and old portals using my new and old accounts.

smh......

Have you called them and sent them screenshots of your issue? Usually when I do that things work out.
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
    Let me know when you find the tech support number hahahaha

I guess screen shots will have to do since its doesn't seem like explaining it to them is working out.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Since they are updating the course to a new version does that mean there is going to different versions of the exam as well? Anyone know what happened last time? Guessing they had 2 versions of the exam available for x amount of time like most vendors but curious.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yea, they told me to wait before I did the course upgrade. I was gonna just do the V3 and upgrade later.

I'm glad that I can do the course upgrade without having to pay for the full amount for the whole course. I really wanna do some hands on security stuff.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    In doing a search on the eLearnSecurity forums, a staff member posted last month that they believed the upgrade from 2 to 3 was about $200. Would be awesome if the upgrade from 3 to 4 is that much, or at least for release webex viewers.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    I might upgrade but I'm not 100% decided...it's not that PTPv3 material is out of date or anything...yes it could be better to have PTPv4 but if I'm just using it as a stepping stone for OSCP then maybe not...I'll decide later, I'm busy with other stuff for the next 3 months!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I hope the PTPv4 will be very helpful towards the OSCP. I really don't want to wait for the next version and I was starting to look at doing the OSCP but I gotta be patient. I'm trying to keep myself occupied with CTF365 to practice/play around with tools.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I hope in the new version they do a better job with matching the lessons to the labs like they do in the PTS course.