Passed Sec+, question about the renewal of my Net+

jearl88jearl88 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed the Sec+, for those of you who have renewed Net+ through gaining a higher certification or have any experience renewing certs, does CompTIA send you a new certificate and wallet card for Net+ since the expiration date has changed?

Comments

• aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They will if you pay them for it :)

I never got anything new in the mail from CompTIA after renewing with a higher cert.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    When I passed my Sec+ ce (2013), they also mailed me an A+ ce and Network+ ce with the same updated expiration of 3 more years.
    I already had A+ and N+ Lifetime certs from 2010.

My Sec+ actually expired last month (along with those A,N+ ce certs. good thing I have the lifetime versions that actually stay valid. weird).
    I'm planning on renewing my Sec+ by passing the MCSA:2012 exams.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • jearl88jearl88 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info, as far as earning CEU's, how would you gain proof of attending a webinar to submit?
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yeah I looked online and to order a new kit it is 15 USD. I think reprinting my certificate with my new exp date will due if they don't send me my renewed Net+.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I passed my Sec+ ce (2013), they also mailed me an A+ ce and Network+ ce with the same updated expiration of 3 more years.
    I already had A+ and N+ Lifetime certs from 2010.

My Sec+ actually expired last month (along with those A,N+ ce certs. good thing I have the lifetime versions that actually stay valid. weird).
    I'm planning on renewing my Sec+ by passing the MCSA:2012 exams.
    I think when the certificate expire you have to re-sit the exam, you cant renew an expired Security+ by passing the MCSA, check with CompTIA support to verify this.
    ----
    How do I renew my certification(s)?
    To renew your certification you will need to pay your annual CE fees and earn the required number of CEUs prior to your expiration date. Learn more about how to renew your certification.
    ----

I have valid for life A+ (2003) and Network+ (2006), When I passed Security+ in 2014 I received 3 certificates Security+ CE then some time later A+ CE and Network+ CE, I just renewed my security+. I just have new digital files with the new expiry dates, no physical certificates sent to me.
    I believe you have to pass the CASP to fully renew Sec+, but as mentioned, I believe it has to be current in order to renew by way of higher certification.
  • jhntbrightjhntbright Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I am about to take Sec+ in order to renew my Net+ as well, however; I don't have any CE webinar points so far do you think if I pass sec+ is it will be automatically renewed my Net+? I have read renew site at Comptia but not positive sure, please let me know, thanks all.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    wd40 wrote: »
    I think when the certificate expire you have to re-sit the exam, you cant renew an expired Security+ by passing the MCSA, check with CompTIA support to verify this.
    ----
    How do I renew my certification(s)?
    To renew your certification you will need to pay your annual CE fees and earn the required number of CEUs prior to your expiration date. Learn more about how to renew your certification.
    ----

I have valid for life A+ (2003) and Network+ (2006), When I passed Security+ in 2014 I received 3 certificates Security+ CE then some time later A+ CE and Network+ CE, I just renewed my security+. I just have new digital files with the new expiry dates, no physical certificates sent to me.

Wow that sucks.
    I'm guessing people just let their comptia certs expire.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
    jhntbright wrote: »
    Congrats! I am about to take Sec+ in order to renew my Net+ as well, however; I don't have any CE webinar points so far do you think if I pass sec+ is it will be automatically renewed my Net+? I have read renew site at Comptia but not positive sure, please let me know, thanks all.

Yes it will renew Net+ as long as Net+ is not expired. Net+ will have the same expiration date as Sec+. You do not need to pay any fees or complete any CEU if you are renewing through a higher certification. Good luck
  • jhntbrightjhntbright Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great, thanks again brother.