Passing score question

palmett0palmett0 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys.

I'm new to the forum.

I am sure this has been asked before, but I did not see it after doing a little searching.

I understand the a passing score on the Net+ exam is 720/900 on the 100-900 scale. Doe this directly correlate to needing to get X number of questions right in order to get Y% on the test. Math suggest 620/800 or 77.5%. Is that correct? Are all questions weighted equally?

Thanks for any feedback in advance. There is a lot of quality info on this forum.

Comments

• TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Certification scores never correlate to exact math...some questions are worth more than others. With that being said it really doesn't matter because you don't get an on screen score until you finish. If you can get 80% or better on practice exams you shouldn't have any issues.
  • palmett0palmett0 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the feedback. Right now I'm averaging around 65% on various practice exams but am only 1/3 the way through my Sybex book.
  • jearl88jearl88 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    On the feedback form at the end of your exam it will tell you what objective sections you missed (1 or more) questions in. I had at least 15 missed out of a 72 question exam (Sec+) and still passed by over 50 points. As mentioned earlier, I think some questions are worth more and CompTIA might give partial credit.