book recommendation for MCSA/MCSE Windows Server 2012 R2

sys_tecksys_teck Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys/gals,

What books and authors would you recommend for MCSA Windows Server 2012 R2 70-410, 70-411, 70-411.

Would it be more advisable to get one book for all 3 exams, or buy 70-410 and then follow up the other books.

Background: 8 years of help desk moved to system admin.

your feedback is appreciated
working on CCNA

Comments

• gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used Panek book and failed. Then I used Mackin book and succeeded. Not sure if it was because it was better or I labbed more or it was just an accumulation of both theoretical knowledge and experience.
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    Mastering Windows Server 2012 R2. The exam press book 70-410 I used these
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Panek book is pretty much useless as far as using it for certification study but it can be useful for an introductory knowledge for someone who isn't very familiar with the Windows Server OS. The Exam Ref books are good for labs but they don't provide you with much about the how or why it works the way it does; just pretty much is a step-by-step guide for how to accomplish a task. I actually really like the Exam Refs just for that purpose. I've found the Pluralsight and Infinite Skills videos to be extremely beneficial as well as looking things up on Technet myself. I've heard good things about the Mastering Windows Server 2012 R2 book but I've not used it myself so I can't comment much on it. Good luck in your studies!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • bettsy584bettsy584 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah stick with the Master books, the press guides for 2012 are terrible.