Passed!!

jimi444jimi444 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Wow, that was a hard test! I took it last week and failed by one question. I immediately rescheduled the test and passed the second time. I found it really hard to memorize hashing, symmetric and asymmetric algorithms. Knowing every port number sucks too.
Now I'm MCSA. I'm going to take 70-298 in a few weeks so I can be an MCSE!
I'd like to give a shout out to Books24/7. It's an online resource of books that has almost every IT book out there. I was able to use a Security+ study guide to read over each topic and compare it between Syngress, Sybex and MS Press to see who was making sense. Sybex seemed the best since they gave big hints on what to concentrate on for the test.
He who stands on toilet is high on pot

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    congrats on the pass. I have 2 weeks left for mine. I feel good about most of it but I need to bone up on the encryption and authenication. I understand that is the killer for most people.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, and welcome to the club(s).

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jimi444 wrote:
    Wow, that was a hard test! I took it last week and failed by one question. I immediately rescheduled the test and passed the second time. I found it really hard to memorize hashing, symmetric and asymmetric algorithms.

Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    I agree with you 100% on the encryption/hashing stuff. A person would be wise to know those things real good before attempting this exam.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • jimi444jimi444 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also, make sure you have a clear definition of:
    Integrity, authentication, confidentiality, availability and private. Some of the definitions they gave seem to closely match with some of the other choices they gave.
    He who stands on toilet is high on pot
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki