eJPT begin certification question

uj2010uj2010 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've signed up for the eJPT certification and I'm logged into the member portal and can see the "Begin Certification" button. Now here's the issue will this start the exam giving me 3 days to complete it and will it enable me to learn the various processes that part of penetration testing in the labs or is this just the exam. It doesn't say anywhere that I had to sign up to the PTS course so wasn't sure if I needed to do that first in order to learn the skills to eventually tackle the exam.

I hope you can help.

Comments

• MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you just purchased the standalone exam voucher, you will not be entitled to the training or the labs.

The course includes an exam voucher, but the standalone voucher does not include the course. The exam itself does not contain hint hints or training material.

If you do not have any previous experience or training, I would imagine that it would be unlikely for you to pass the exam.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should start with My Labs, you should start the Certification process after finishing the Labs, when you are ready to take the exam.
  • uj2010uj2010 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, fail on my part, DUH! :P I'm messaged Elearning sec hoping to upgrade to full PTS, fingers crossed
  • uj2010uj2010 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    elearnsec have moved me across to the pats course :D
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I figured they would - from my experience their support team is top notch.