will i-net look good on a resume

cchampcchamp Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
im considering i-net for my next cert, im a student at the moment and trying to add another cert that i could put on my resume before im done with school this fall. i see on here that some people say it is easy...

any books yall reccomend are appreciated!

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Will it look good?

Well, in what capacity do you wish to work in IT? Is this material you know or merely want to collect as a Cert?

Yes it is easy...particularly if one is familar with the material and/or even prepared for the NET+ recently.

However, I wouldn't get it just to have it. If you are going to use it, then absolutely as a stepping stone to add more CIW certs, then sign up.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • cchampcchamp Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hmm im not sure if i would realy use it , i probably see my self trying to do the technical side of things more hands on...so i 'll prolly rethink it. but any way i do want sumthing else under the belt. just not sure... considering security+
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    While it is tempting to have CERTS listed on a resume, consider it from the employers standpoint.....how valuable is the employee who has a number of the same certs but just from different vendors? Or even better...how useful is it to have an employee with certs that don't apply for the position they are hiring? It may make them think that you have other interests....so it could cost you an interview.

Listen, it's not a big deal, but I'd recommend just getting the ones that will add value to your career path. Invest your time and energy into the ones that matter. Save your money :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?