Passed Network + Today..

Arnie335Arnie335 Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just got home from taking the exam. Passed with a 769. Only had 3 simulations and a total of 86 questions. I find it interesting that my exam consisted mostly of troubleshooting scenarios and not as much of the nitty gritty I spent so much time studying for. As many others have noted, some questions seem to have multiple correct answers but only one is the best answer for the scenario, even if it is not in accordance with industry best practices. Read the questions twice - they will provide irrelevant information to throw you off. You MUST understand the concepts before you are ready to take the exam. Out of the 5 certifications I currently have, this was by far the most difficult exam (SSCP, ITIL, CEH, A+, N+).

Materials:

WGU - uCertify Course
Professor Messer Videos
Lynda.com Videos and Practice Tests
Mike Meyers Network + iOS App
Darryl Gibson Network + iOS App
Google

Good luck everyone!

Comments

• FayzFayz Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For the CEH did you need previous field experience or someone to vouch for you in order to take it? Not too surprised that the N+ was harder than the other exams. Everyone has been saying the same thing lately.
  • Arnie335Arnie335 Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Fayz wrote: »
    For the CEH did you need previous field experience or someone to vouch for you in order to take it? Not too surprised that the N+ was harder than the other exams. Everyone has been saying the same thing lately.

Hi Fayz - To answer your question, yes. You need 2+ years of InfoSec experience or closely related. EC Council actually reached out to my supervisor to verify employment and to vouch for my length of time in InfoSec. If you don't have the experience, you gotta shell out some dough for the EC Council CEH course. Good luck!
  • mauguilarmauguilar Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations,
    I passed my Network+ this passed Thursday and I got agree with you the test was really hard, had the same like you 86 question 3 simulation and most of the questions were troubleshooting scenarios. I totally thought was going to fail the test but I finished I scored 752.
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Arnie335Arnie335 Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mauguilar wrote: »
    Congratulations,
    I passed my Network+ this passed Thursday and I got agree with you the test was really hard, had the same like you 86 question 3 simulation and most of the questions were troubleshooting scenarios. I totally thought was going to fail the test but I finished I scored 752.

Nice work dude! Are you taking this for WGU?
  • Ris3Ris3 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulation!! it is indeed and tough exam i recently passed the exam on my second attempt my first attempt i scored a 700 and second time i got a 720. and i had the same amount of questions and sims as you on my second attempt.
  • Basic85Basic85 Member Posts: 189 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, I'm looking to get my Network+ Certification as well.