CISA/CRISC/CGIET/CISM June 2016 Exam

RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
Today is the final day for early registration ISACA exams for the June 2016. Anyone else get in today for early registration?icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Not for early registration, no, but I do plan on taking the CISA this year finally. Suppose I should order the materials at some point, too.....
  • AnnmilanAnnmilan Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sad i didnt manage to make it kn early registration..hopefully i can take the exam on june
  • extext Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am looking for the 2015 or 2016 Review Manual and Database. Do you have one for sale?
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did not do well today at all. :^(
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Join the rest of us.. it was really a difficult exam. out of the 150 questions ,there was only about 15 that i know i got correct the rest i have no clue.
    Join the rest of us.. it was really a difficult exam. out of the 150 questions ,there was only about 15 that i know i got correct the rest i have no clue.

What was your study material?
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Remedymp wrote: »
    What was your study material?

Review Manual. IT RISK framework, IT Risk Practitioners Guide, Q&A, etc, etc, etc ,etc. 70% of what was on the test i didnt see in any of the material I studied. Strange one thats all i can say.
    Review Manual. IT RISK framework, IT Risk Practitioners Guide, Q&A, etc, etc, etc ,etc. 70% of what was on the test i didnt see in any of the material I studied. Strange one thats all i can say.

LOL I know exactly how you feel, you should have seen my test center. People were ballistic over the exam and the test conditions. We felt as if we were in a meat locker taking an exam.

I have intentions on registering next week for early registration.
  • aggie24aggie24 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What were the questions like? Were they purely application based. Appreciate a brief highlight/ overview.
  • lavidicuslavidicus Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the test today and I was either picking the detractors constantly, or the individual writing the questions and answers placed the answers in a sequence. It seems like the test was mostly just an exam to see if some uber nerd could outwit you rather than testing your knowledge of subject mater covered by the study materials. I prepared for the CISA using 3 different video courses, read 2-3 books and the review manual. I've taken alot of practice tests and scored higher than 80% on the domains. The questions and the possible answers were very diluted... I'm really frustrated with this test... I passed the CISSP last month, and it wasn't even this convoluted. Luckily I dont need this for my current or future jobs, I wanted it to be an independent auditor, but If I did fail it I wont be taking another ISACA test.
    lavidicus wrote: »
    I took the test today and I was either picking the detractors constantly, or the individual writing the questions and answers placed the answers in a sequence. It seems like the test was mostly just an exam to see if some uber nerd could outwit you rather than testing your knowledge of subject mater covered by the study materials. I prepared for the CISA using 3 different video courses, read 2-3 books and the review manual. I've taken alot of practice tests and scored higher than 80% on the domains. The questions and the possible answers were very diluted... I'm really frustrated with this test... I passed the CISSP last month, and it wasn't even this convoluted. Luckily I dont need this for my current or future jobs, I wanted it to be an independent auditor, but If I did fail it I wont be taking another ISACA test.

This is a very interesting assessment and all too common summary, especially coming from someone who actually passed the CISSP.
  • dayglodayglo Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree. CISM yesterday in New York. Many of the questions were even more vague than the practice tests, which I did not think was possible considering how vague many of those were! At least with the practice exam I would have a feel within 10 points how I did. In this case I have absolutely no idea. I guess I'll find out in 5 weeks icon_sad.gif
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Just got back from NZ to take the test. I didn't think it was that hard, easier than the CISSP (which I took years ago). I finished in about 3 hours.

My strategy was similar to when I did the CISSP:

- did the questions in 20 block increments
    - marked out the incorrect answer and circled the correct on in the book.
    - if I couldn't deduct the correct answer, placed a star next to it and moved on.
    - after 20 questions I would fill in the answer sheet, placing a line through the question number in the book when I filled it in on the sheet.
    - rinse repeat until finished.
    - after I was done answering I went back and reviewed the ones I placed a star next to. If i still had issues I circled the question number..
    - when I had answered all questions I went line by line through the scantron form to make sure I had filled in a bubble for each line (caught 2 that I missed).

I "think" I passed the test. I remember when I took the CISSP there were a few questions I was still going over in my head after the test. Not so in this case. I could be completely wrong and have failed the test. I'll know in 5 weeks.

Edit: Oh yeah, so we got moved all around the city twice before the exam. We all arrived at 8am and they moved us a few blocks away (downhill to another building). We sat in the lobby there for about 10-15 minutes and then they moved us again to another building a few blocks away (uphill). When we got to the final test location we had to sit and wait about 20 minutes so they could set up, which was good because most of us were pretty winded from all the walking. Come to find out apparently there was a bomb scare or something and that is why our actual test room kept being moved.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • awaitingawaiting Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It was very difficult CISM exam.. will they be releasing the results max 5 weeks or before? I hopes theres a backdoor to know earlier results of the exam so ill know if theres a need to really register for this coming September exam and save some discounts
  • lavidicuslavidicus Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm glad you feel good about your test and I hope you passed. My issue is strictly the way the questions were worded and the possible options. We paid $500+ dollars for a test that felt like it had little to do with auditing, its just irritating.

When I took the CISSP i knew that there would be a gap between what the study material taught me and what I would see on the test. The CISA's intuition gap seemed a mile wide.
    lavidicus wrote: »
    I'm glad you feel good about your test and I hope you passed. My issue is strictly the way the questions were worded and the possible options. We paid $500+ dollars for a test that felt like it had little to do with auditing, its just irritating.

When I took the CISSP i knew that there would be a gap between what the study material taught me and what I would see on the test. The CISA's intuition gap seemed a mile wide.

Agree 100%. I think the exam is more of an english comprehension exam than an actual information systems exam. Somethings I understood, other things I had to read 3-4 times to actually understand it. Because, there are four answers, two of them are wrong, but two of them are right, but which one is the one that ISACA is looking for.

It's one thing to have four answers and one right, three wrong. But, to have four answers and two right and two wrong creates serious issues of ambiguity. Especially if english is not your first language.