A+

THE1TariantTHE1Tariant Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I finally passed the 802 yesterday on my second attempt I passed the 801 first time, I got 717 on the 802 so a bit close but I'm glad that's over.

So now I'm looking to move on to my next cert, at the moment I have credits from leaving the forces I can use with a number of learning providers which includes all the content and exams etc.

I am looking at going down the Microsoft route for now and maybe the Security as well any advice on what to do next ?

Comments

• AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey, congratulations! You might want to look into getting the Net+ next before you go on to a Microsoft cert. I'm currently studying for the MCSA Server 2012 Microsoft cert and I've take 2 out of the 3 tests and the knowledge I learned from already having the A+ and Net+ certifications was extremely helpful. Those two certifications really have helped because all of my study materials have assumed that you already have the fundamental knowledge that the CompTIA exams cover and they will just lightly touch on something before diving into a full technology - Especially for the 70-410 exam. Security+ was helpful for the 70-411. I hope that helps, and good luck to you!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • THE1TariantTHE1Tariant Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks mate professor messer was a big help, Thanks for the advice this has definitely helped me as i was thinking maybe i should just go for the trio anyway and that way i get a base on at least the security and network side. still not sure what route i want to take but its leaning towards network more for now, the job i am in now is mostly PC maintenance and repair, some NAS and server stuff as well as other bits. so I think i will start with the N+ then the S+, after continue with Microsoft certs.
  • THE1TariantTHE1Tariant Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have to agree with you guys it makes total sense as it does prep you for future networking or security certifications so i will
    be going for my network + next, I have already started to study using professor messer his videos helped me loads on the A+.

i am giving myself around 3 months each for the network+ and security+ which I think is ample time i am in no rush i would rather really learn the material and know what I am doing/talking about.