CBT Nuggets vs Prof Messer

pysicalpysical Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am in a 6 day bootcamp and I am in day 2. I have currently learned the Compliance part (which I hate because I am bad with all those plans and stuff) and I am now in the cryptography (interesting but having a hard time remembering all the block sizes, etc). I am getting overwhelmed and my brain is hurting.

I was thinking about watching some videos to help reinforce what I have learned while also using the Gibson book. Do you prefer CBT Nuggets with Keith or should I go with Professor Messer?

I am also in the process of getting Measure Up which I heard is currently the best practice test material.

I also have the Cybex book and the 800+ practice question book and CD. Are those good?

Thank you.

Comments

• kcos0320kcos0320 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Use Professor Messer....
  • alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used Darril Gibsons AIO book. and CBT nuggets Sec+ video. also printout the objectives of Security+ and just go through them. if you can explain every thing in there. you are ready for the exam.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've had good experience with cbt nuggets.
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Professor Messer helped me pass my Sec+. All I used was the sybex book and watched all the videos and used the slides for review before the test.
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • pysicalpysical Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do any of you guys recommend any good practice tests? I use Measure up but it only takes 2-3 times and I start seeing duplicates that I have memorized.
    Here are some

Practice test: CompTIA Security+ Practice Test Questions
    Go Certify: http://www.gocertify.com/quizzes/comptia/security-plus-sy0301.html

those are the two I know of.
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • triadmatttriadmatt Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used CBT and Darril Gibson book to pass Sec+ in about 3 weeks. However, Prof Messor is an excellent resource and the only reason I use CBT is because it is free with job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HippodromeHippodrome Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ITSpectre wrote: »

The questions at gocertify.com are way different then what I have been studying in the Darril Gibson book. I have read the book and dont remember some of the questions at all? Do I just have bad reading comprehension and need to re-read it?
  • davidb1davidb1 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is the gocertify good?
    Hippodrome wrote: »
    The questions at gocertify.com are way different then what I have been studying in the Darril Gibson book. I have read the book and dont remember some of the questions at all? Do I just have bad reading comprehension and need to re-read it?

You should use more then one resource to study. Gibsons book is going to be different then go certify, and different then professor messer. I used go certify to do practice tests....
  • HippodromeHippodrome Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree completely, I am using the Gibson book, GCGA website, Prof Messor videos, the Comptia Security + Exam Prep app from learnZapp and lots O practice tests online and they all have close to the same material. I just have not come across questions like the ones on gocertify.com and it threw me for a loop.
    Thank you for the answer, ;)
  • Goteki54Goteki54 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Professor Messer any day!!icon_study.gif
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security +., SSCP