How long to study?

nksprtsnksprts Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have my BA in MIS, and have been a security analyst about 3 years now. Last year I took the and passed the SSCP. I was thinking of going for the CISSP this year, and was thinking making taking the Security+ would be a good refresher course. When looking at the book on amazon most recommended the Darrell Gibson book.Got great reviews and many said they used that book and only that book to study and passed the test first try in two weeks.....Is this accurate? This seems really fast to me. Obviously it will vary with experience but there were many saying this, any insight to how possible this is, and what would a good timetable be for me to take.

thank you!

Comments

• wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Isn't going back to the Sec+ literally going backwards??
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you have your SCCP you don't need Sec+. Buy the book and study it but you don't have to sit for the exam
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I earned Security+ first and then earned SSCP. Honestly, since you have SSCP, there is absolutely no need to get Security+. Just about everything in Security+ is covered in SSCP. Also, very little from Security+ will help you to prepare for CISSP.
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CISSP deals with Management....
    Sec+ is more on the technical side

If you want to study for the CISSP you can read the threads that other people have posted about passing the exam.

My fav CISSP pass thread: http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/120298-whoo-hoo-passed-cissp.html

If you follow the pass threads and use what they used you will have no problem passing CISSP
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios