Options

Narbik VIRL topology or....

rtidrtid Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is it worth converting Narbik's topology to VIRL (aka swapping outdated serial interfaces for Ethernet), or does that muddy-up the lab tasks too much to extrapolate from? I haven't seen any updates from Micronics regarding VIRL, but maybe someone has some information on that?

I realize it can be done in GNS3 and spend money on rack rentals, but would like to maximize my investment (and use the same workflow) in VIRL.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ScalesScales Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    rtid wrote: »
    Is it worth converting Narbik's topology to VIRL (aka swapping outdated serial interfaces for Ethernet), or does that muddy-up the lab tasks too much to extrapolate from? I haven't seen any updates from Micronics regarding VIRL, but maybe someone has some information on that?

I realize it can be done in GNS3 and spend money on rack rentals, but would like to maximize my investment (and use the same workflow) in VIRL.

Thanks!

Its probably going to be alot easier in GNS3 since its been around longer and people have already done all the preconfig for Narbik's workbooks in GNS3.
  • Options
    rtidrtid Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah,

After spending an evening on it, I'm not thrilled about any of the alternative (GNS3, IOU-WEB, etc) implementations. I may have to resort to the 30 days of rack rental when treating it as a proper lab attempt, so I can save myself the mental substitution from hacking the antiquated topology into something usable.

allout.gif
  • Options
    airwrckairwrck Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just recently put up a VIRL instance at the office, 20 devices and have started with a small 5 device practice environment for our team. When I start preparing for the CCIE R&S Lab and buy a lab workbook, I'll try to adapt some of the exercises into VIRL exercises and post those here.

-Eric-