Anyone Else Going to VMworld 2016?

tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
I know a couple of us are heading to VMworld this year and I wanted to see if anyone else was. Is there any interest in a techexams meetup? I don't know the venue enough to plan something but if people want to get together and meet in person let me know.
I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Given my company's lack of desire to join the current decade with respect to infrastructure strategy, VMworld would be a waste of time for me this year, though I would love to go. There just haven't been a great deal of advancements in on premises compute virtualization since the last time I attended, which is the only thing my superiors are interested in. I'll probably end up at Ignite instead.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If I couldn't get to VMworld I was going to try to get to Re:Invent.
  • JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    i will be there, and most likely will spend most of the time either in the HOL labs or in Hang space. Hang space is where most of the bloggers and vExperts hang out.
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good tip about the hang space. I have to do some sessions and do a presentation about how they will help my business but plan to hang and network as much as possible.
  • virtualizationGvirtualizationG Member Posts: 19 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes sir just booked all my travel.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This makes it 4 of us so far. We've gotta do a TE Meetup in the hang space.

What day do you folks get there? I'll be there on Thu the 25th, and visit the GC, Hoover etc before the event starts.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Essendon wrote: »
    This makes it 4 of us so far. We've gotta do a TE Meetup in the hang space.

What day do you folks get there? I'll be there on Thu the 25th, and visit the GC, Hoover etc before the event starts.

i am arriving on the 28th afternoon. PM me your twitter handles so we could get in touch once there.
    Got to meet Thom, thanks to a mutual friend. And didn't even recognize Essendon, but his jacket gave him away during the vExpert party. ;)